I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Defrost button illumination

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
k-man is an unknown quantity at this point
Defrost button illumination

I recently pulled out my deck and instrument panel piece to adjust the positioning of my deck and i noticed today that my defrost button no longer illuminates red when the headlights are turned on.......... anyone know what this could be? is there a seperate bulb to illuminate the buttons,/heater controls? note that im not talking about the light to show that the defrost is working rather that the lighting that illuminates the button............

worst case i'll have to pull out my deck and put the stock one back in and take it to honda but if its a simple fix, it would be easier to do it myself.......anyone know what this could be? maybe something as simple as a loose harness?? I noticed from the diagrams that there is a bulb for each button but im not sure what the bulb actually lights up...
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
Talk to gearbox he does mod's on these center consoles so he should know how the lighting setup works...
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
That button has it's own bulb (in my '01 civic ex it does), and may be blown. The A/C and Circulation share a bulb for ilumination. It is a quick fix if you have a bulb in it, just go to a dealer and get the bulb. Don't pay them to do it if you know how to take out your center console. You said "red", did you have someone put led's in it? If so, check your connections and resistors. The bulb comes out with a small twist from a flathead screwdriver.
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

k-man is an unknown quantity at this point
ya i just figured it out about an hour ago, i pulled the entire thing apart again, i switched the bulbs and indeed it was the bulb, i went to the dealers but none have it instock so i will have to wait till tuesday to replace it........$7 for a tiny bulb what a rip.........does anyone else carry these bulbs? i assume not? kinda crappy that the bulb only lasted a year and a half........... i talked to service dept and its not under warranty as bulbs are only covered for 1 year or 20k kms...
Old 05-13-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i'll send you one if you can paypal me $1 to cover shipping.
Old 05-23-2007
Fiberglass Guru

Seiber84 is on a distinguished road
Re: Defrost button illumination

I just had the same thing happen to? Is there a bulb number that I can go get a t Pep Boys or something? Or is this a dealer only item?

If not what is your email I got the $1 ready for you.
Old 05-23-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you can get at dealer, its expensive and in a custom bulb holder. not over the counter product. ill pm you tonight
Old 05-24-2007
Registered!!

snobird is an unknown quantity at this point

are you guys making sure you pluged it up cause when i install cd players,dvd players for clients sometimes those stupid plugs can come un done when putting the trim back on be sure they are plugged up