I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Ipod Install Location/Idea?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough
Talking Ipod Install Location/Idea?

Hi guys. I have a Pioneer avh-p5700dvd mobile video unit . I just bought the cd-ib100 Ipod adapter for my head unit. This unit allows me to manage my ipod from my deck. All I have to do is plug it in and I don't have to touch it until I need to update or want to change my song list. Now my question is....... is what if i install it in the glovebox, rather then using a phone holder or having it show? None of my wires would be visible so you wouldnt even be able to tell i had an ipod. Just take some velcro and attach it to either the front or back wall of the glovebox and run the wire behind the glove box.This way i wouldnt have to worry about it getting stole and it would look neat and clean.

Just wondering what you guys thought of this or if you add any ideas to make it better. What have you guys done when installing your ipod? what locations did you put them in?
Old 04-30-2006
banned from avatar useage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
luvvegas777 is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, throw it in the glove box, and you can control it from you deck.
Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

MagicMarker is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup, that is what I'm going to do once I get my adapter. You don't need to see your iPod when it's connected that way.
Old 05-01-2006

coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
I much prefer to control the ipod itself while I'm driving. I owe megahurtz a pick of my ipod setup - will post a pic in a bit.
Old 05-01-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
i put mine over there on the in the drivers side air vent, easy place to see and easy place to control it

this is where i have the ipod wire coming from the cd changer port on the stock deck, this pic was before i had the mount in the vent. During the summer i have a sunction cup mount for the windshield so i dont block the air conditioning.

Last edited by RHCP0801; 05-01-2006 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-01-2006

coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
here's my ipod setup - hardwired through the AI-NET interface on the back of my head unit. I used a radio shack cell phone mounting kit drilled through the cup below the ebrake.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	05-01-06_1025.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	66094  
Old 05-01-2006
Registered!!

0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough
Thanks for all the ideas and information guys. I installed mine in the glovebox and hid all of my wiring. I will post pics as soon as I can. I think it turned out pretty nice. If i can think of something better in the mean time, ill try it.
Old 05-01-2006
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
i put mine in the center console cubby to the left of the e-brake, it was the easiest spot since i put the ib100 tuner under the center console. it fits like a glove and i can still shut the door to it if i dont want the ipod to be seen.

airhead: did you get the newer ipod tuner box, the black one? I have the older white one and im not too impressed with it. im hoping they changed the software to make browsing songs faster
Old 05-01-2006
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I was considering installing mine in the change pocket thing below the cruise/roof/mirror controls on the left side. Still haven't done anything though, I'm not happy with the performance of my iPod adapter, I might have to return it and consider another solution.
Old 05-01-2006

did you go with the FM transmitter mega?
Old 05-02-2006
Registered!!

I bought the first version, i didnt get the black one (cd-ib100II). Although my brother did buy the black one for his car. Mine is pretty quick when browsing through the songs. Maybe as I put more on it, it will slow down. Haven't ran into to many problems yet.

Also if you change the eq on the ipod while its connected to a deck will it change the sound or not?
Old 05-02-2006
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Airheadsman2k3
I bought the first version, i didnt get the black one (cd-ib100II). Although my brother did buy the black one for his car. Mine is pretty quick when browsing through the songs. Maybe as I put more on it, it will slow down. Haven't ran into to many problems yet.

Also if you change the eq on the ipod while its connected to a deck will it change the sound or not?
i've got about 10 gigs on my ipod and i cant go faster browsing through songs than one song a second, it drives me nuts. i've tried using the eq on the ipod when listening through my pioneer, but i found it sounds better if i turn the ipod's eq off.
Old 05-02-2006
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by coop
did you go with the FM transmitter mega?
Negatory, good buddy. I went with the Eclipse adapter (iPC-106), but as I have a 2005 model head unit without native iPod support, I have the choice of either Sirius emulation, or CD changer emulation. As I also have Sirius, I was forced to use the changer emulation, which is **** performance at best. All kinds of lag from when I press a button on the deck, and no text display whatsoever. Would be not so bad if I could control the iPod while it was plugged in, but can't do that either. I've only used it once so far, I need to explore some different options, possibly upgrading to a 2006 model of Eclipse HU, but I won't do that until I am 100% certain that it will function efficiently with my same setup.
Old 05-02-2006

I think Alpine had that same delay issue. I have a hard time thinking it's very easy to control from the HU regardless unless you have a large display
Old 05-02-2006
Registered!!

^^^^^^^ you my good sir are correct. I have a 6.5" widescreen display for my deck and its very easy to navigate through my ipod and to view the information. My brother has a pioneer deh-p8600mp and it only shows like the first 10 letters of the song, if that. On top of thats its also a lot more difficult to browse through the songs on his deck.
Old 05-30-2006
mah
Registered!!

mah is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinking about buying the cd-ib100 Ipod adapter also, but i have a few questions. It says it compatible with my head unit and i was wondering if i just have to take out my head unit and literally plug it into it? Where did you mount that grey box adaptor? and i dont completely understand the part about you not having to mess with the adaptor unless you want to update your song list? Thanks in advance.