I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Screens in headrests?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
Screens in headrests?

You guys are gonna have to edcuate me here. Performance modding im down with, i know the ins and out, but when comming to I.C.E im hadicap. I was just wondering, if i wanted tv screens in my headrests, how does that work? Do i buy screens and get them installed in our headrest? Do you buy headrests with screens already in em? (if so is it universal or id have to find a honda made one) does it have to be compatible with a same brand dvd screen in the regular cd player area? avrg cost of it?
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotdogpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
you can buy headrests with screens already implemented. ive seen them all over ebay from 150-200 bucks each, and a few members on this forum have em. i dunno about installing screens yourself into your current headrests, but that doesnt sound too impossible.
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
they are really easy to install....and it just slid in....dont have to do anything cuz those headrests hve adjustable bars that goes in the seat..

Last edited by jay78; 04-04-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-04-2006
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
unless you have an 04 sedan or higher you are going to have major problems trying to mount the screens. For one the hole provided is going to cause appearance issues and also sucks for fitment of the screen. If you still want to use your existing headrest I'd definatly recommend getting your seats re-upholstered after.
Old 04-04-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Here you might want to contact this guy....

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ghlight=tv%27s
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

xtheenderx will become famous soon enoughxtheenderx will become famous soon enough
^^lmao
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

kumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the rough
yea thats my car ^^.. im taking my headrests out cause im putting a RSX front n back seats.. the headrests i got now is really ghetto lol they were from a acura so the hinges didnt fit so my body worker cut the hinges and welded them so it fits civic, looks nice thought you cant tell unless you take it out. anyways im getting rid of them, probably put flipdowns by the seats
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
he's 98 years old... ^ just check his profile
Old 04-04-2006
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
hey, try posting in the right forum!
Old 04-04-2006
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
You can either:

a) Buy generic models from eBay, they should fit no problems. I have an 04 with black cloth and I got an Innovatek set off of eBay, they fit and look fine, considering it's leather on cloth.

b) Modify your headrests (fill the hole) and install screens in them. I'm not sure what you'd have to do about the fabric, but do some research and figure it out

c) There is a company called Vizualogic that I believe makes a set of headrests that will fit right in that come with matching upholstry. That would be the easiest/best way of doing things, but at a price
Old 04-05-2006
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
You can either:

a) Buy generic models from eBay, they should fit no problems. I have an 04 with black cloth and I got an Innovatek set off of eBay, they fit and look fine, considering it's leather on cloth.

b) Modify your headrests (fill the hole) and install screens in them. I'm not sure what you'd have to do about the fabric, but do some research and figure it out

c) There is a company called Vizualogic that I believe makes a set of headrests that will fit right in that come with matching upholstry. That would be the easiest/best way of doing things, but at a price

how would u rate innovatek as a brand??
Old 04-05-2006
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
They seem to be working alright for me, some say they aren't the greatest, but I've had no problems. The image quality (IQ) is good too, better than I expected originally. I've heard people say that the IQ gets worse as they get used more, but I don't think it's gotten any worse for me (not that I've used them a ton either). All in all I think they were a good purchase.
Old 04-05-2006
Registered!!

kumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the rough
innovtek has no problems, they are just sharp or panasonic screens wrapped in a different casing, thus gives it the brand innvotek