I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Okay you convinced me, buying new audio: JVC HU, AMP +hertz speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
autodre is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay you convinced me, buying new audio: JVC HU, AMP +hertz speakers

Hmm I thought I posted this, but it doesn't show up?

Anyway, you all convinced me I needed new audio :-)

Here is what I have in mind:

HU: JVC KD-AVX1
AMP: Directed Audio DA250/4 OR Magnat Phantom 4500 OR Rockford
Fosgate Punch 501-X

Speakers: Front a comp set HERTZ Energy ESK-165
rear: Energy ECX-165

Not sure about the speakers yet. I won't use a subwoofer, because I have a dog in the boot and he obviously doesn't like a subwoofer there...

WHat are your thoughts?

Andre

Last edited by autodre; 12-23-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-23-2005
Registered!!

four twenty is an unknown quantity at this point
cool man
Old 12-23-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
Hey, I really like that HU
But the Magnat amp will over power ur speakers. It pushes 135w RMS ea and the comps can only do 100w RMS and the Rears can only do 70w RMS. So u could blow them. I've never really listen to any of this stuff in person but statistically it looks like a pretty good system.

and the HU lets u expand and add a DVD player if u wanted to in the future. And it has 3 RCA outputs so if u decide to add a sub in the future that non fading out put will really help u out. dont forget to get 2 sets of RCA's so that u can fade ur music front and back
Old 12-23-2005
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
the HU is a DVD player. i have it and i like it. the only thing though...is that the display it shows on external screens isn't very exciting. on most cds it will show a detailed playlist and track times...but then if the cd doesn't have any info on it..it will just show "untitled" on the playlist for all the songs. so its kinda pointless.

i wish it had graphics or a spectrum analyzer while you played a cd, but it doesn't. other than that...you have to turn the volume up all the way to hear DVD's well, but when you do, it sounds great.

i love the tilt feature cuz i have mine relocated and angle 3 or 4 is perfect. also, i love the EQ..really helps clear up the sound and once you get the hang of it its pretty easy to mess with even while you drive.

the screen is clear as hell, too. just a bit small...but its fine if you have an indash screen and use the built in screen as an "extra"
Old 12-23-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
where did you get the hertz from?
Old 12-23-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Manthatguysfast
the HU is a DVD player. i have it and i like it. the only thing though...is that the display it shows on external screens isn't very exciting. on most cds it will show a detailed playlist and track times...but then if the cd doesn't have any info on it..it will just show "untitled" on the playlist for all the songs. so its kinda pointless.
I will mainly use it for DVD's with MP3's. SO I will have nice info, and a bigger screen to browse to my maps/folders. What did you mean by "the display it shows on external screens isn't very exciting" You mean that the video output is not that good?

And I get the hertz from(hmm can not post links) ron de vries dot nl

Andre
Old 12-27-2005

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by autodre
I will mainly use it for DVD's with MP3's. SO I will have nice info, and a bigger screen to browse to my maps/folders. What did you mean by "the display it shows on external screens isn't very exciting" You mean that the video output is not that good?

And I get the hertz from(hmm can not post links) ron de vries dot nl

Andre
yeah, im sure if you have a mp3 dvd - all of your song info will show up on the playlist and it'll look tight.

the display it shows on external screen isn't very exciting...meaning, it doesn't show the same display on an external screen that it does on the built in 3" screen. ok, so you hook up an indash screen to the unit...and on the unit itself it will have like backlight graphics plus a few random graphics and display a clock. now when you turn on your external (say indash) screen all you will see is a blue background, with a playlist on the right and on the left you will see like the name of the cd, artist, and tracktime. like i said, if there is no info on the cd you're playing...it will just say "no name" for every song on the cd in the playlist...and for the info on the left side it will say "no information" on each of the 3 categories.

basically, if there is info on the cd you're playing...it looks tight..but if theres no info...its sort of pointless to have your external screen on because it just says "no information" on everything.

im not sure if i explained that clearly...but i hope so, lol.

i can get pictures of my set up with what im talking about later tonight (since i got a sick *** digi for Christmas!)
Old 12-27-2005
Registered!!

Thanks for the great reply. Now I understand it completely. I won't connect an external TFT (yet), since they get stolen all the time. With this JVC they can not see it's an actual DVD player/screen, could be a "simple' radio as well

You like the way how you can browse the maps?

Right now(on my pc) I have it like

GENRE_POP folder
In that folder

Artist1
album of artist1
all songs artist 1

Artist2
album of artist2
all songs artist2

GENREHOUSE

Artist1
album of artist1
all songs artist1

etc etc.
Old 12-27-2005

to tell you the truth...i've never put in an mp3 dvd into it. i don't have a DVD burner and don't really know anybody who does lol. plus...unless it was on my computer....getting all the mp3s onto a friends computer would suck. but the interface is really easy to get used to...so i would imagine the mp3 dvd feature would work pretty well.

i'll get some pics tonight...but might not be able to load them up for a few days.

yeah...and about the screens gettin stolen..i dunno where you're from, but i thought i might have the same situation around here. well, people have stolen my deck, ps2 and cds...but when they broke in they left the in dash screen alone. and honestly...don't expect the 3" screen to be enough...its sorta...well...IMO you need an in dash screen to fully appreciate the DVD feature.

for me its like.... (peoples comments) "wow, you have an in dash screen...dvd player...cool! oh what! you have a small little screen down there too..that tops it off!" (my jvc unit is relocated by where the cig lighter went)

but...i bet if I had the 3" screen alone...people would be asking where the other screens are or making comments about the size of the screen. don't get me wrong...the screen is fvcking CLEAR and crisp - it has a very nice display....its just really small. hope that helps...
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

Yes sir, that helps a lot. I know the screen is pretty small. But big enough for me. I will use it as "browse" screen for the mp3's, and just because of the "cool" factor Also when I play music DVD's it's cool to see something there. Maybe when I go on holliday with my car, I will buy an external screen for the passenger.

I am from The Netherlands BTW...I own a honda Civic TYPE R 200HP

some screenshots in next message
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

Damn I have to have 15 posts :s
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

added