I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Help...Head Unit 'Hard Wired'

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Unhappy Help...Head Unit 'Hard Wired'

Way back when I first got my 2k1 my friend installed a Clarion deck in it for me. Problem was that the wiring harness wasn't easy to come by so he just wired it in directly without one....

well, now the CD player doesn't work anymore (misaligned lazer) so I want to replace it. How hard will it be to get a new one wired in? I may just get it done professionally to avoid the hassle...hehe.
Old 12-20-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
i did the same thing with my moms car. after the cd player stopped working, i went to the junkyard to get a stock HU harness, wired that back on and got an adaptor harness. IMO thats the easiest way to do it.
Old 12-20-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Rennen
i did the same thing with my moms car. after the cd player stopped working, i went to the junkyard to get a stock HU harness, wired that back on and got an adaptor harness. IMO thats the easiest way to do it.
I would have to agree try getting a stock harness put back in then install a aftermarket adapter kit for future . hey I might have a spare even.
Old 12-20-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Mike bring your car to me I'll make it all better
Old 12-20-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
Mike bring your car to me I'll make it all better
Deal! I think the g.f is gettin me a new HU for x-mas so I want to get this one ready to come out and be able to use a harness on the new one
Old 12-20-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
any time after xmas is good, im not going away for the holiday
Old 12-20-2005
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
If you can't find a harness for the junk yard. All you have to do is simply look at which wires are connected to the decks harness and label them with tape.

So use the decks harness, and follow the wires until it connects to the wires on your car. Label each wire with a piece of tape.

That takes all the guess work out of which wire does what. I mean its not hard figuring out what wires does what, but why make it harder than it is.

For eg. Look on the decks harness, follow the yellow wire until you reach the tape. Label the wire that's connect to your car with "Battery". Do that for every single wire that you have, or even just label it by the colour of the wire on the decks harness.

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense, but if you don't understand. I can do a simple drawing on photoshop and explain a little better.
Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
best buy or future shop for you guys up north will have a reverse harness, it doesnt have oem colors on it, it has the industry standard colors. The clarion should have the same colors.
Old 12-22-2005
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
heh, i'll give you my spare stock harness connector if you give me the broken deck
Old 12-22-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
was the stock plug cut off?
Old 12-22-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Originally Posted by skipbarber
was the stock plug cut off?
I the other end of the harness is still in the OEM deck...but that's back at my dad's place in Ontario.
Old 12-22-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
ok, then scratch that idea. When I do radios and I don't have the plug, I hardwire it to the factory wires, but leave the factory plug there. So that way, if I ever have to replace the radio or use a different brand, the option of using the OEM plug is always there.