I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Speakers covered by warranty? (For an '04 EX Coupe)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tronixx is an unknown quantity at this point
Speakers covered by warranty? (For an '04 EX Coupe)

Recently purchased a used '04 EX Couple. Got it from a Honda dealership, is certified and still under original warranty. Great car, although I need to possibly add some power and a few minor upgrades.

Anyway, am noticing that one of my speakers on the right side seems to be clipping a little bit, especially if there's any kind of bass. I think it is one of the 6.5's (is that the right size?) that is on the lower part of the passenger door. My question is, does the warranty cover speaker replacement? I'm sure I could look that up somewhere in my paperwork, just lazy I guess and I figured someone in this forum would know.

The bigger question would be, is it worth replacing those with a stock speaker at the dealer? I eventually want to add some audio power to this car as well, should I just go ahead and get some good aftermarket speakers, like Alpine or Polk or something like that? Does the in-dash CD player in an EX Coupe come with RCA outputs? Or do you have to put in a different player to install an amp? The other thing is, the stock tweeters that are mounted on the door pillar, which overall are a good thing, but they tend to have a pretty good hissing noise to go along with them. Does anyone else have experience with this, should these be replaced too, or should I stop being so particular?
Old 10-13-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
If you are going to upgrade the sound in your car, the front speakers are coming out anyway, just replace them. I'm not sure what's up with the warranty on the stocks, call your dealer and see. If not, I think they are like 13 bucks each from www.hondautomotiveparts.com. No factory head unit in any 7th gen has any preouts. You don't have to have aftermarket CD player to install an amp, you can always use high level inputs on your amp, or buy a seperate line out convertor (LOC).
Old 10-13-2005
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
yer better off just replacing them..
Old 10-13-2005
Registered!!

k-man is an unknown quantity at this point
audio equipment is covered for a year i think.......so your coverage is probably over.........depends on the in-service date of your car
Old 10-14-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
I say replace the entire stereo

Get a new head unit, new speakers add an amp and sub, even if you get the stuff installed somewhere you probably wont spend over $800