I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

How to secure the headunit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dacali is an unknown quantity at this point
How to secure the headunit?

I was wondering what you guys normally do to make sure all your audio equipment is secured. Right now, all I do is take my faceplate off and toss it in my trunk. The trunk release switch by the driver seat is locked.

I'm considering getting an alarm although I'm not sure it would be worth it. The only thing that is readily accessible is my Alpine CDA-9847. A decent alarm would probably cost more than what my CD player is worth and insurance covers it if it's stolen (-$100 deductible). Everything else (front and rear speakers, 4-channel amp) is more of a pain to get to. I guess I shouldn't be underestimating a thief though.

*grumble* My Alpine CDA-9827 was stolen in broad daylight in a church parking lot. *grumble*

-Dacali
Old 10-10-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
My system is pretty insecure, I have 2 DIN units in my dash that don't have removable faceplate. My trunk release is obviously locked, and all the equipment in my trunk is securely bolted down. I don't think my either of my source units would come out easily either.
Old 10-10-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
I remove my faceplate and take it w/ me if i'm going to school but other then that I put it in the glove box. I got a pretty decent alarm system, viper two pager, microwave sense, etc. but if a thief really wants it he'll get it i'm just trying to make it that much harder
Old 10-10-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
If they want it let them have it... thats what insurance is for... i barely remember to lock my doors.. if they want in they'll get in
Old 10-10-2005
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
I just do the ol' lock my trunk, and keep the faceplate in there. I also have an alarm, but it is deactivated most of the times because every loud exhaust sets it off, even from 20+ feet away
Old 10-10-2005
Registered!!

Yoyoio is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LowSky
If they want it let them have it... thats what insurance is for... i barely remember to lock my doors.. if they want in they'll get in
so i guess you leave your hard earn money out side the house door instead of the bank than, cuz if they want it they'll get into the house and get it.
Old 10-10-2005

my money is mostly in the bank, so i can earn the the small amount of intrest they will give me

the thing i'm saying is that if thieves want your stuff they will get it no matter what

sure honda made our car harder to steal by using theft deterent keys but all a theif needs is a flatbed truck and our car is gone
Old 10-10-2005
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
^^^ LOL, that better be a pretty damn expensive civic if someone is willing to go through all that for one.
Old 10-10-2005

its happened... think about it too... if the neighbers see someone loading a car on a flatbed most of them think something must be wrong with the car... it takes about 5 min to load a car, just think of how many cars they can pick up in one night