I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

well done shop websites

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
well done shop websites

I am doing websites for a couple local shops here, and I am looking for ideas on layout, design, etc... if you have any ideas please post them here or if you know any sites, please provide the URL here

what would you guys like to see in a shop site?
Old 04-15-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Nekkid product display girls... ok, JK. Try something like www.woofersetc.com or www.cardomain.com/shop or www.thezeb.com All of those layouts are easily navigated. Keep it simple and well defined and it should be fine.
Old 04-15-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PopcornPlaya
Nekkid product display girls... ok, JK. Try something like www.woofersetc.com or www.cardomain.com/shop or www.thezeb.com All of those layouts are easily navigated. Keep it simple and well defined and it should be fine.
i like car domains shop also. its so easy to find things that i want.
Old 04-15-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Here is my shop's site

www.speedelements.net

Although they don't sell parts online so I dunno if it's what your looking for
Old 04-15-2005

J187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of light
Onlinecarstereo.com has the best navigation I think, you think sort all different ways and search by driver size, brand, etc. Also, a hot chick topless holding two subwoofers in front of her breasts would be a good splash screen. BTW, any of the companies have 6" subwoofers
Old 04-15-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
JL does j... Adire does also...
Old 04-15-2005
Registered!!

tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't copy Imagedynamicsusa site. There new layout is bad. Try to stay away from a ton of flash and images. If a graphic doesn't do anything its just wasting my time when I have to wait for the page to load. Thats my personal preference on websites.

cardomain is great. Loads fast. Looks decent. Easy navigation. If you want lots of cool pictures set up an area on the site for the shop photos and stuff.
Old 04-15-2005
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I am not looking to sell online, it is the site for a retail outlet

here is what I have so far:

http://www.audiovault.ca/testsite

let me know what you think or want to see changed
Old 04-15-2005
Registered!!

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
If you view the page at a resolution that forces the menu to wrap, it breaks between words - Contact and Us on diff lines, for example. You might want to try a <ul> for the menu. Works very well and degrades effectively.

Consider applying your font styles to their container class, rather than using the <font> tags and don't forget your doctype declaration.
Old 04-15-2005
Banned

Consider applying your font styles to their container class, rather than using the <font> tags
example?
Old 04-15-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
www.4130customs.com
Old 04-15-2005
Banned

ooh I like that site

I wonder how I can adapt the look to what I am working on
Old 04-15-2005

for general ideas only.... please dont go copying my bro's site. www.ipsracing.com
Old 04-16-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
the borders and frame should match up well to the whole page screen if you know what i mean.

the way you have the left border frames and the center frame set is fine, just needs to enlarge. also that car makes the site very bootlegged-like if your keeping that lol.
Old 04-16-2005

Originally Posted by jttegx
the borders and frame should match up well to the whole page screen if you know what i mean.

the way you have the left border frames and the center frame set is fine, just needs to enlarge. also that car makes the site very bootlegged-like if your keeping that lol.
the ipsracing.com site? im not sure if ur talkin bout that one but what do you mean bootlegged
Old 04-16-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
Old 04-16-2005

Originally Posted by diskreet
puke all you want, when i posted that i actually figured ud end up saying something lol anywasy i just put it for the layout not content
Old 04-16-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
puke all you want, when i posted that i actually figured ud end up saying something lol anywasy i just put it for the layout not content
i know i was puking about the content.
The layout is ok but too heavily reliant on images. That and nothing fits well and seems all over the place. I think the site could be alot better if they organized their content better to fit into that little space they have for it.
Old 04-16-2005
Registered!!

tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
I just found that site anoying because it had a flash intro, and then decided to resize my browser window.
Old 04-16-2005

^^ oh u meant the 4130 site tbaleno , yeah i suppose the site isnt that great but i like some sites with flash,
Old 04-16-2005
Registered!!

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
example?
Not madly exciting for this forum, but what you want to do is like:
<p class="foo">some text</p>

rather than:
<p><font class="foo">some text</font></p>

The goal is to keep your content and display as far apart as possible. When you need to go back and edit your content, you will be glad you did. For the same reason, it is a good idea not to use tables for layout. Lean on CSS for display.

Check: http://www.alistapart.com for some background.
Old 04-16-2005
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by diskreet
Haha, yeah. People shouldn't use Flash for the sake of being able to say that their website has Flash.
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
go check out tim baille's site. I really like it alot, its clean and functional. www.hzemall.com
Old 04-18-2005
Godlike member

ex_03 is on a distinguished road
try this place for some ideas:
www.freelayouts.com
Old 04-18-2005
Godlike member

I love this show, paul senior too funny! there site is pretty sweet:
www.orangecountychoppers.com
Old 04-18-2005

Originally Posted by ex_03
I love this show, paul senior too funny! there site is pretty sweet:
www.orangecountychoppers.com
sorry for being off-topic
mikey was on an add for napa he says "for napa their name stands for excellence, i wish my name was napa." lol he had the funniest face on the picture the show is too funny
Old 04-18-2005
Godlike member

sorry for being off-topic
mikey was on an add for napa he says "for napa their name stands for excellence, i wish my name was napa." lol he had the funniest face on the picture the show is too funny
Yea he's silly! that show rocks!