I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Indiglo gauge lights going out?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krafty420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Indiglo gauge lights going out?!?!

Hey all,

Anyone have an issues with their indiglo gauges going out for no reason for about 10-20 seconds then coming back on? My just started doing this tonight on the way to work. They aren't flicking as if there was a short, there just shutting off, then coming back on. I shut off the head unit so the bass couldn't be rattling any wires loose and I even waited while parked to make sure I was hitting any bumps that could possibly loosen a connection, and they still are going out. They have been installed for a couple years with no problems. Any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
krafty420
Old 10-14-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
My old ones used to do thiswhen the car was off and I would turn off the lights. It would flash on/off for a few secs. Also when I rolled the window or did something to take away power. But if yours does it longer, it may be the inverter box going out. www.autodynamic.com sells just the inverter, so you can replace it. I'm running EL wire (same concept), and they have never even flickered once.
Old 10-15-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krafty420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the info. I didn't have any issues with the gauges going out tonight on the way to work. This is weird. I guess im not gonna worry about since im trading my civic in on a EVO VIII next week.

-krafty420