I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Clarion DX635MP problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004
Post Whore General

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Clarion DX635MP problem

Ok, when i installed my lambo doors I thought i blew a fuse... well, i figured the fuse was in the HU itself..

I just took the head unit out, opened the back (because there was no visable fuse on the exterior) and there is no fuse.

My RCA's work. my sub will play sound, but the 6.5's and 6 x 9's do not work.

Did i F up my HU?

Everything is wired (I checked) but i did splice the front speakers when installing the lambos...........

But, i dunno...... There's no fuse!!!! Is there one in the fuse box? Did i fry the HU???????

SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!
Old 08-15-2004
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
^^ That was Prod, errr me? errrre whatever.....
Old 08-15-2004
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Yes there is one in the fuse box

It is not a fuse problem, your deck still turns on obviously so the problem is somewhere else.

This problem is new to me, if I ever get the chance I will have a close look at lambo doors on a 7th gen to see if I can find any problems with how they are wired, but that sounds pretty wierd to me, especially because the 6x9's in the back aren't playing either.

The only thing I can really think of is that there is a pinched wire or two somewhere causing the amp to short out and perhaps shut itself off while leaving the other functions of the deck active...
Old 08-15-2004
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
Shorted out speaker wire