General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

posted in ICE, but need more response

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cable is an unknown quantity at this point
posted in ICE, but need more response

ok, i got the clarion vrx6671z (in dash lcd) and for some reason it doesnt have preouts for my amp, so should i

1. sell it and risk losing money so i can get the diff model vrx610, everything is the same with this model except that this has XM radio ready and PREOUTS...i calcuated that im gonna lose about 100-140 (maybe) since the vrx610 costs more and i will get less back than what i paid for it. havent installed it yet though

2. get the dph7500z equalizer that is about 170-200 shipped...which is suppose to noticably enhance my system...which is connected using clarion cenet technology and has preouts..i run the hu to the equalizer, then from the eq to the amp...so my whole car system can be controlled from my HU

the main question is, does anyone know how good the clarion dph7500z equalizer is...

thanks...

sorry to post this here
Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
I am not familiar with the units you speak of. If you have in in dash without preouts, it sounds like its just a monitor. you'll need some sore of head unit to interface it with. That's why you cant hook it straight to the amp. How else would you hook it up anyways? you need preouts to go to the amp which any cheap head unit even has. SO I would recommend getting a descent head unit with auxillary inputs and just interface your LCD to that....
Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

cable is an unknown quantity at this point
its a hu with a lcd rollout..to clariy
Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

lilbluecivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i would definately buy this unit ,not only will this unit give you preouts but you will get better sound quality and be able to tune your system.