I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Batteries in dB Drag SS 1-2 NW

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Batteries in dB Drag SS 1-2 NW

Just thought someone might have an answer to this question:

The rules for Super Street state:

6-9e There are no limits to the number or type of batteries that may be used.

6-9f Battery boxes located underneath the vehicle are acceptable provided they are located behind the plane that is defined in rule 6-2.
Below that, in the rules specific to Super Street 1-2 NW (No Wall), it states:

6-9i A Special Note on the Super Street 1-2 No Wall Class:

The rules for the Super Street 1-2 No Wall Class are identical to all of the other classes in the Super Street division with the following exceptions…

· Battery boxes located underneath the vehicle are prohibited.
(other exceptions edited out)
My question is simple:

Does this mean that there can still be unlimited batteries within the vehicle, but NO batteries may be mounted undearneath the vehicle?

Does the term "battery box" refer to a battery box located undearneath the vehicle, even though that batteries may be in a box located insid the vehicle?

I am thinking that unlimited batteries are allowed, but it's sort of foggy, especially with the term battery box.

Just looking for an opinion. Let's hear some thoughts....
fgsdgd

Old 08-08-2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alex053 will become famous soon enough
you can have as many as you want as long as they are inside the vehicle. i know a guy with some custom 16 volt batteries...like batcap but better...i think he still has em. lemme know if youre interested
Old 08-08-2004
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Asking for somebody else, not myself, who already has the extra batteries.

I already have my own anyway, I use one 6v and one 8v golf cart battery in series. Insane capacity, can run my system alllllll day hard without even starting to dwindle.