I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Alpine IVA-D300 install...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004
Ultimate Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
Exclamation Alpine IVA-D300 install...

Ok ICE gods... I need to know how to wire up the 2 switches (1 momentary switch to footbrake, and 1 toggle switch to the e-brake) to bypass the video off safety feature while driving.

Also, will this allow me to gain full control of my EQ settings and everything else while driving or not? I know they sell the black box for $20, but I'm working on the install right now and I'd like to have it done by tonight.

If I absolutely need to just buy the box, I guess I'll hook it up the way Alpine wants then drop the box in later this week.

Thanks for the help....
Old 08-02-2004
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
anyone???
Old 08-02-2004
Registered!!

AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
Unfortanately I cant tell you but picture the way it works when it's hooked up the right way and you should be able to bypass the switch! One goes to the Parking brake and the other goes to the footbrake with that in mind you should be able to do it.
Old 08-02-2004
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Try grounding them both
Old 08-02-2004
Ultimate Member

Ok, so I found out that I can just hook up the parking brake and then hook up a toggle switch to a ground so that i can toggle it in sequence with the standard start-up procedure to disengage the disable feature for video.

What I need to know now if which wire do I need o splice into on the foot brake to draw a 12V signal, or should I just connect it to the wire for the brake light in the rear?

Any advice would be helpful and greatly appreciated...
Old 08-03-2004
Premium Member

ksaness02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I would use the two switches like you stated in your first post that’s what I did and it works great. I have the CVA-1003 and I have a momentary switch and a toggle switch hooked up. If you look at my ride you can almost see where the switches are in one of my pics. I cant explain how I did it but it wasn’t hard just wire the switches how they tell you to wire the footbrake and Handbrake. and yes if you install the switches you will have access to all the features.
Old 08-03-2004
Ultimate Member

got it installed with only one switch... thanks for help guys
Old 08-03-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
how did you get it installed with ONE switch? mine takes 2 on iva-d900 cause its brake on, e-bake on-off-on, brake off how can you do that with one switch?
Old 08-03-2004
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
you know guys, if he crashes, kills someone for watching a dvd, and says he learned how to do it here, lawyer could somehow prove youre at fault....
Old 08-03-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ true true, but then again i never said how i did mine just that i use 2 switches. Its not exzactly rocket science on how to make it work
Old 08-03-2004

coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
cell phones are big enough distractions - who has time to watch DVD's and drive?
Old 08-03-2004
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I think the lawyer would find that he was the one actively trying to disable the safety feature, we were merely suggesting possibilities as to how he might accomplish the task. But then again, lawyers to amazing things these days.

I never watch DVD's and drive personally, I let them play all the time and just listen to the audio, which works well if it's a movie I've seen a couple of times and can follow well, but my screen is out of my line of sight while driving anyway, so it's easy to not watch, in fact I would purposely have to go out of my way to see the screen
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

meth is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the IVA-D300.... you keep the footbrake wire connected.... you just splice a wire from the e-brake wire to a switch... and done. you hold the footbrake then flip the switch on-off-on then let go of the footbrake. And you still have full function of the e-brake and light too, b/c you just spliced it. took me all of 15mins
Old 08-16-2004
Ultimate Member

i dont watch movies while driving... i wanted full audio and setup control for the unit though

thats why i did it. just for clarification.
Old 08-16-2004
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tfnaaf
how did you get it installed with ONE switch? mine takes 2 on iva-d900 cause its brake on, e-bake on-off-on, brake off how can you do that with one switch?
you dont have to use a switch for your foot brake, just use your foot brake. then just use one switch to replace e-brake. it works the same.
Old 08-17-2004
Registered!!

Canadian2k4Si is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey I was just wondering how much you guys got your IVA-D300 for? and where?