I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Custom eq mount..opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Custom eq mount..opinions needed

I have an eq that's gonna try and go where the sig lighter plug is and spacers. Has anyone done this, because I'm having trouble making it work. It's for an 02 civic btw.

Okay, it's made and turned out okay, except with a space in the top part that's visible when looking down. My main concern is the way the eq will look when mounted. I'm worried about the light being too bright compared to my other blue dash leds. Now is there a way to turn off the backlight for the eq if this is the case? If not, I'm thinking of hiding it underneath that sliding pocket by the e-brake. That way I can keep it hidden and open the slot to adjust it. What do you guys think? I know I'm being picky.

Last edited by gearbox; 08-05-2004 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-31-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Cmon people. Give me some ideas of how to make a trim plate at least or rubber molding around the edges.
Old 08-01-2004
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
use the same diy i put up for the radio relocation down there, its teh same concept, and if you screw up the cig lighter panel, it only costs 14 dollars for a new one
Old 08-01-2004
Premium Member

I'll look for that and also try to get a pic up of what I did so far. Thanks.

I found it, but I'm not doing any custom work like that. I want to make it as clean as possible. I have two ideas, but one requires a faceplate trim piece to work. The other way is only having part of the eq visible. I'll describe more later.

Last edited by gearbox; 08-01-2004 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-02-2004
make it a habit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vivid_BLUE will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by LudlamTheory
use the same diy i put up for the radio relocation down there, its teh same concept, and if you screw up the cig lighter panel, it only costs 14 dollars for a new one

What DIY? i tried to search but couldn't find
Old 08-02-2004
Premium Member

Well I just cut a hole and it looks good, however, I'm having another dilemma of how the eq lights will look at night. They look really bright in pics compared to my other dash lights. Hope it isn't gonna look stupid cause I already have tons of stuff lit up. We'll see. I'll post pics later.
Old 08-05-2004
Premium Member

Updated with pics.
Old 08-05-2004

alex053 will become famous soon enough
what EQ are you using and what movies did you rent?
Old 08-05-2004
Premium Member

It's an arcaudio keq5 1/2 din size. So I would need to fill the spaces in with abs plastic. Movies are A.I. and power rangers woo!
Old 08-05-2004
I am your Mom's Hero!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
I think that eq is gonna look awesome there Stephen...UPS should be there wednesday...
Old 08-05-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
For a solution to the gap thing, you could always fiberglass/bondo around it to clean it up. Then paint with black, crackle finish interior paint. It matches up pretty good with our interior color.