I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

OEM trunk remote trunk release?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004
Super Hoser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
OEM trunk remote trunk release?

Ok,

In Canada, we have the Acura EL which is just a luxury civic sedan.

As far as I know, no 7th gen civic comes with a remote trunk release feature but the Acura EL does.

Anyone know if we can use the Acura EL keyless entry in a civic? Is the Civic keyless entry unit the same as Acura EL one?

Btw, i already know about the accord trunk release mod but i dont have an aftermarket alarm to control it. i already have an oem alarm and i dont feel like spending any more money to buy a new alarm.
Old 07-10-2004
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by turboslug
Ok,

In Canada, we have the Acura EL which is just a luxury civic sedan.

As far as I know, no 7th gen civic comes with a remote trunk release feature but the Acura EL does.

Anyone know if we can use the Acura EL keyless entry in a civic? Is the Civic keyless entry unit the same as Acura EL one?

Btw, i already know about the accord trunk release mod but i dont have an aftermarket alarm to control it. i already have an oem alarm and i dont feel like spending any more money to buy a new alarm.
for the price of an oem EL alarm, youd be paying probbly double the price of an aftermarket alarm. i know around here you can get an alarm + installation for 100 bucks.
Old 07-11-2004
Super Hoser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
i bought the oem alarm used

lets just say it was really really cheap....

also, i was hoping someone here could tell me that the EL keyless entry module is the same as the civic one...ie. if they're the same, i can just find out which pins does what and add the remote trunk release my self

Last edited by turboslug; 07-11-2004 at 12:07 AM.