I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Weight gain issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Weight gain issues?

hi all, i have a chance to buy a 500 watt amp+2 subwoofers(not sure what kind but supposed to be really good, and i heard them in action, )+ box+wiring for 100$. my friend totalled his car and just wants to get rid of it so i said id take it. how much would this weigh? i know the civic doesnt have much performance in it, but i want to keep whats there, so would this slow me down a lot? also, on a different note, was wondering what size speakers do our civics have? front and rear?
Old 03-31-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I used to have two subs and that box was heavy! At least 50 pounds, if not more. And you will feel the performance hit. Feels like another person is sitting in the back. I've got alot of dynamat as well. But I've since gone down to one sub to save weight and space. You can always take the spare tire out to get a little back.
Old 03-31-2004
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
it also usually makes the car handle like a cow, too

even at only 50 pounds behind the wheel wells
Old 03-31-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Coupe
Front:6x5
Rear:6x9

Sedan
Front:6x5
Rear:6x5

I have 2 10's.
Very heavy.