I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Trunk release latch wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004
I want a TSX!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sevenplaces is on a distinguished road
Trunk release latch wiring

I was reading the DIY on installing the 01 accord trunk latch on the 7th gen civic. It says you need a 12V+ output on your alarm to run it w/o a relay. I have a silencer 6918A factory alarm and my remote has an AUX button. I was just wondering where the AUX channel on my alarm would be. I tried sticking a tester light in the only 2 open slots that I could see. One stayed lit the whole time even when I pressed my AUX botton, the other one was unlit even when I pressed the button. I am a noob at this and I would appreciate anyones help.
Old 01-19-2004
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
youll need a relay no matter what, usually alarms cant handle that kind of current draw.

im not sure about the wiring, but check out yoru local dealership, they ahve always always been kind and able to help me figure out any wiring i need to accomplish any task at hand. Or you can check out a local honda fix it shop (my locla one honda/acura shop is called Landis Automotive) and they will usually be able to do the same. Landis for me was able to tell me what wirecolor i needed for a certain task, then point ot its general area so i could zero in on the spot without difficulty.
Old 01-19-2004
I want a TSX!

yea, i tried the dealer and they said "duuhh, duuhh, duhh, 01 civics dont come with that option, duuhh, duuhh"
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
well, your opinion of the dealership mechanics is apparent, but if you go to a different honda dealership (i wouldnt go back to teh same dealership and ask the question twice, already sounding like an *******) and try again, not sounding like an *******, they will help you. if they say it again, you can pleasantly ask why your remote has an aux button if its not on the brain.

the less of an ******* you are, the more the dealership is willing to work with you. I'm always the epitomy of niceness to my dealership, and they bend over backwards to please me every time. every time.
Old 01-20-2004
I want a TSX!

well actually I was not an ******. I very clearly explained my situation with the tech and was quite nice with Him. I gave him the model number of my alarm (which they install standard on all their civics and probably accords too) and all the details I know. I am probably just gonna take it down there instead so I can show them.

BTW, the guy actually did sound a lot like he did not know what he was doing, which I realize is not indicitave of all Honda dealer techs, just the one I got.