I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Putting center console back on! (HU, vents)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
syndrome is an unknown quantity at this point
Putting center console back on! (HU, vents)

Since I've got my EQ and needed to make wire changes here and there, I left my center console only partially attached for a week or so. Now I can't get the ****** back on, it locks in pretty good at the bottom but i need to push HARD at the top to get the inserts in their slots to lock, and even when I do get one side in and try working in the other it eventually pops out from pressure. I've checked behind to see if any wires are stopping it but i guess not. Any of you guys have problems getting it back in? Don't know what information would *help* me but if you have any that would be nice, thanks.
Old 12-21-2003
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
check the clerance on the back of the eq.
Old 12-21-2003
Registered!!

The EQ is where my ashtray was right now, its not in the console itself.
Old 01-15-2004
Registered!!

razorsedge is an unknown quantity at this point
i hope its not too late to help...

Hey, I had the same problem on my 2004 when I installed my new Alpine HU. Look closely at the ducting that the vents mate to. The alignment between the ducting that is in the dash and the actual vents themselves that is part of the center piece you have to pull out for the install is critical. Thats usually the area that binds. The ducting in the dash likes to sort of close up or collapse when you remove the center piece that has your headunit/ pocket in it. Simply use your fingers to reform the dash ducting and align very carefully and it should go together nicely.

Hope this helps!

razor--
Old 01-15-2004
Registered!!

AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
another thing tha might get in the way is the actual metal bar/tube going across the the car and right behind the head unit, the headunit should go under it and your probably pushing against it.
Old 01-15-2004
Registered!!

Actually, it was the wire that connects to the 4-way flasher plug, it would get jammed between the vent and where it connects to the direction adjusters. After I fixed that my console fit in just fine, even now with 2 DIN units installed.