I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

NEED QUICK ANSWER: Installing rear 6x9s in 7th Gen Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RotaryPower is an unknown quantity at this point
Question NEED QUICK ANSWER: Installing rear 6x9s in 7th Gen Question

I am installing new speakers in my girlfriends civic. She has a 2001, 2 door EX model. I already installed the front speakers no problem, but I can't seem to get the back trunk deck panel off. From inside the trunk, I undid all of the white clips, and trid to pop it off from inside the car, but I can't seem to get it. Is there more I need to do? How do I get to the rear 6x9's so I can take them out? Her car is sitting in my driveway and we need to get it done, so I need a quick answer! THANKS!

Old 07-12-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
I thought it has 5x7s in the back?
Old 07-12-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
You need to take the back side panels of to get the rear dash off (perferably both, but it is possible to get it off just taking off one of the panels). The side panels hold the rear dash down. Also, you need to take out the back seats to get out the side panels.

Also, most aftermarket 6 by 9s will hit the trunk spings, just so you know.
Old 07-12-2003
Registered!!

hmmm ok, i guess ill take it to my friends stereo shop. it would be alot easier to finish there compared to in my driveway... thanks guys

Last edited by RotaryPower; 07-12-2003 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-12-2003
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
seats come out, side panels come out, then the deck lid comes off, and yes, it is a bitch to do... there was a DIY at one time, but im not sure if its still there... be prepared to do some in car gymnastics to get it if you are a taller person (i am 6'1")
Old 07-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bellz has a spectacular aura aboutBellz has a spectacular aura about
From a diy thread i posted a long time ago...this is straight from crutchfield's install instructions. If you want some pics, I can post them too.
1. Remove one (1) 10 mm bolt from space between center of seat bottom and seat back cushions. Pull front edge of seat bottom upward to release hooks and remove (Figure 1).

2. Fold down both rear seat backs. Fold back carpet flap on back of passenger's side seat back. Remove two (2) 10mm bolts from seat bracket. Lift section of seat back and pull to remove (Figure 2).

3. Remove one (1) 10mm bolt securing seat bracket. Lift seat section and pull to remove.

4. Pry out both pillar rimpanels starting at the top. Continue prying downward to release and remove.

5. Remove two (2) 14 mm bolts from seat belt guide on passenger's rear side panel. Remove guide (with belt) and lay aside (Figure 3).

6. Pry open screw cover behind grab handle and remove one (1) phillips screw from opening.

7. Remove one (1) push pin retaining clip from rear side panel located near wheel well.

8. Starting at the rear of passenger's rear side panel, pry out panel and work toward door opening to release and remove.

9. Pull to release three (3) plastic fold-down clips on front edge of rear deck panel (Figure 4).

10. From inside trunk, disconnect brake light wiring harness located under rear deck.

11. Starting on passenger's side, work hands under rear deck panel to release clips. Work across panel. When clips are loose, work panel toward passenger's side. NOTE: Lift driver's rear side panel to work deck panel from under side panel. Remove rear deck panel.

12. Remove four (4) 8mm screws securing speaker. Pull out speaker, disconnect and remove.

13. Connect speaker wiring adapter of replacement speaker to vehicle speaker connector. Secure new speaker with screws previously removed.

14. Test speaker operation and reassemble rear of vehicle by reversing disassembly steps.
Old 07-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bellz has a spectacular aura aboutBellz has a spectacular aura about
Ok..i'm bored, so here they are:

Old 07-13-2003
Registered!!

alright thanks guys...worked great.