Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here.

2008 Honda Civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boricua_4440 is an unknown quantity at this point
2008 Honda Civic SI

OK I know everyone has herd this question before. So here it is again. My K20Z is burning oil like crazy. I do have a Z3 head so I would like to Frankenstein the engine and get a K24 bottom for it. What would be the best one to get and year? I've herd the TSX one is the best but what year? ok was loking online and found a K24A2 Acura TSX engine from 04 to 08 will that work?

Last edited by boricua_4440; 12-31-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2014
Registered!!

boricua_4440 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2008 Honda Civic SI

So I got 60 views and no one knows the answer?
Old 01-01-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I deal with mainly stock stuff.
If you just wanted to fix the oil burning, I'd say it's probably rings.

Did you try the search bar?
Search: Keyword(s): swap, TSX, engine

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...-swap-faq.html
Old 01-01-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

The K-series engine guys don't logon to the forum much. It might take a while for an answer.

There's quite a bit of info on K swaps and parts. It's just old stuff so you have to dig.
Old 01-01-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Yep. Most members active most of the time have stock engines with mild add-ons.
Either search around or wait some of the swapped guys to stop by
Old 01-01-2014
Registered!!

rustycivic is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by boricua_4440
OK I know everyone has herd this question before. So here it is again. My K20Z is burning oil like crazy. I do have a Z3 head so I would like to Frankenstein the engine and get a K24 bottom for it. What would be the best one to get and year? I've herd the TSX one is the best but what year? ok was loking online and found a K24A2 Acura TSX engine from 04 to 08 will that work?
Head over to Honda-Tech, or K20a.org

That's where most of the K info will be.....

I have a limited knowledge of K series engines......the K24 from the TSX is indeed the best choice.....but since you have the K20 head, you may be able to use the K24 from the Accord (which is a heck of a lot more common, as well as cheaper). Don't take my work for it however, and do a lot of research.