Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

2013 9th Gen Full Suspension for Highway.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9THGenHighWay is an unknown quantity at this point
2013 9th Gen Full Suspension for Highway.

I drive like 25k highway miles per year and like 35k total. I drive about 85mph on the highway. I bought the car with 20k miles on it and i have put about 110k on. Its running like a champ, but to continue driving at such high speeds regularly i want to make sure the car is safe.

I guess im thinking i should do full suspension and maybe new brakes.

I am confident i can perform the maintenancebut im not super sure whats necessary.
Old 02-20-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2013 9th Gen Full Suspension for Highway.

Lift the front of the car up and check all your bushings, ball joints, tie rods wheel bearings. Unless a shock is leaking or bouncy (bounce test) then those are fine. You can Google how to test those things. If you just want to replace them for peace of mind then OEM parts are best for longevity and quality.
Old 02-20-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9THGenHighWay is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems like some pretty sound advice. Honestly i was thinking, and expecting to be told, i should get performance everything.
Old 02-20-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

No reason to unless you want to also increase handling. I find Honda OEM suspension stuff is some of the best. I mean you just got 110K out of it so replace with OEM for another 100k.

The brakes you could upgrade to a more performance pad and rotor but they will wear more quickly and not really needed for most people. Again OEM is probably best for you because of the amount of driving you do. I usually stick with an OEM pad and premium grade rotor from a local parts store.