Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Suspension.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crispy697 is an unknown quantity at this point
Suspension.

someone help with advice.

First of all, when I drive on the highway and hit about 70-80 mph the car starts to shake. P.s: car is lowered about an 1- 1.5 inch.

I took the car in to get an alignment and they told me that I need to get new springs. But then to re-raise the car. And I don't have any problem in doing so.

Now my question is, would I just need to replace the springs, or the shocks and struts as well. Or... would a camber kit do much? Also my rear passenger side tire usually is the one to get the most wear the most.

Thanks, any advice would help.
Old 07-18-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Suspension.

First, the shaking complaint sounds like a tire balance issue. Could be bent wheel, bad tire, centering rings missing from custom wheels, whatever, but the root of the shaking at that speed is an imbalance of the spinning assembly.

If you lowered the car, you need to tell that to whomever is saying it needs springs. Did lowering cause it to need more adjustment room than provided by the manufacturer?

Or go to a different shop for the alignment, one who can handle something with slightly modified suspension.
Maybe you need more parts to make it better or reduce tire wear, but someone needs to figure out why it wears fast then decide what to do about it.