Brake light works but taillight doesn't - Honda Civic Forum

Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1 Week Ago   #1  
Registered!!

u837842 is an unknown quantity at this point
Brake light works but taillight doesn't

One of my tail lights on my 2008 Civic does not come on, unless I put the brakes on. So I know the bulb works, but it won't come on until I put the brakes on. Any suggestions?
u837842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2  
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Colin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Brake light works but taillight doesn't

There's 2 different filaments inside the bulb, one for the tail light, one for the brake light. Replace the bulb.
Colin42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3  
Registered!!

u837842 is an unknown quantity at this point

Iíve already replaced the bulb.
u837842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4  
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Colin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of light

Did you replace it with the correct one?
If you did then you need to test for power and ground at the socket to check if both circuits are working
Colin42 is offline   Reply With Quote