2013 Civic fog lamp kits - Honda Civic Forum

Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2013   #1
Registered!!

Greg2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
2013 Civic fog lamp kits

The factory kits are 299-400+ and I'm not convinced that they are the best choice anyway.

I would like to go with a quality aftermarket kit with clear lenses and 3000 degree bulbs. Hopefully, the kit will not be too complicated to install.

I have seen many aftermarket choices and am hoping that someone has gone there before and can provide some advise as to where best to buy these and the model that they have used.

I have also heard that the stock wiring harness already has plugs for easy installation of factory kits - is this true? If so, do the fog lights have their own relay or do they operate off the headlight relay?

Thanks for your advice.
Greg
Greg2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #2
May contain disturbing content

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Civic fog lamp kits

Quote:
I have also heard that the stock wiring harness already has plugs for easy installation of factory kits - is this true? If so, do the fog lights have their own relay or do they operate off the headlight relay?
They are not pre-wired, other than a single wire running from the inside to the outside and the multifunction switch harness is pre wired.. The factory kit has relays and harnesses that must be installed, but it is pretty dang easy, plug and play for the most part.

If you want to check out the instructions for a factory kit, go to http://estore.honda.com/
Pick accessories, then look on the right side column for
"If you looking for installation or DIY instructions
for a purchased accessory, you can find it here "
<--(that might actually link)
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote