Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Cabin lights does not turn off automatically

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hein is an unknown quantity at this point
Cabin lights does not turn off automatically

Hi, I have a Honda Civic 2009 hatch. The cabin lights does not turn off automatically anymore when the doors are closed. What could be the problem? I have checked all the door censors and they work fine because when the doors are open the display on the dash indicates that a door is opened.
Old 01-11-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cabin lights does not turn off automatically

See if the switch for the dome light got moved from DOOR to ON.

Or, if you mean the map lights, if the lenses got pushed and turned them on.
Old 01-12-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hein is an unknown quantity at this point

The cabin lights are in the door position. I took the car to a Honda Dealer and they think it could be the bonnet switch that is faulty that causes the cabin lights to stay on in the door position. Can this be true?
Old 01-12-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Can this be true?
I'm in the US. Your cars aren't the same as ours. We didn't get a hatchback Civic.

I have no idea how your cars are set up or wired, and I don't have access to info for cars in your market.

These are only guesses:

If you mean the switch that is part of the dome light assembly, broken, then yes it is a good possibility.

Re: Door jamb/hatch switches:
The MICU (body systems computer) should automatically turn the dome lights off if any of the doors remained open longer than a certain amount of time, maybe 5 or 10 minutes.
(Assuming your cars are at least similar to our cars...Our cars are set up this way.)

I assume "bonnet" is the engine compartment cover? I doubt there is any connection. Our cars have no switches for the interior lights in that area.

"Boot"--tailgate/rear hatch door switch? Could be, but over here it might only turn on the light for the cargo area on some cars, while other cars may have that door turn on all the interior/ceiling lights.
The MICU may or may not have authority over control of that light.

Also could be related to the MICU (body computer).

If nothing is really obvious, I might then connect the HDS scanner to see what all the computers are doing, since the MICU has much control over the interior lights.

HTH??