Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

rear tie strut bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03CIVICEX is an unknown quantity at this point
rear tie strut bar

what brands are best? i think i might get DC and anyknow how much for installation? i cant do it my self bkuz my bolt is kinda off and i should let a professional install it.. does Mugen make rear tie bars?

thanks alot

-keviee
Old 04-24-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
There is no such thing as a rear strut tie bar. There are rear tie bars and rear strut bars. I am assuming you are talking about a rear strut bar. There are a few out. I know that OBX and Spoon have rear strut bars for the civic and the RSX. Anything that is made for the RSX chassis will usually fit the civic, some might need modifcation. I am not sure if DC or Neuspeed has made a rear strut. Look in the parts section.
Now if you are talking about a tie bar, you do not need one unless you have upgraded your rear sway bar.
Old 04-24-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
If you're looking for lower tie bars, Spoon or the integrated Progress Tie/Sway bar combo.
If you're looking for upper, Spoon. The upper rear Mugen bar might fit, but it doesn't go across the strut towers, it bolts to the frame, and you'll lose the pass through in the trunk. I'm pretty sure it won't just drop right in, you'll probably have to do some tinkering to make it work.
Old 04-24-2003
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
robbclark is right
but ild say just go with the ones from ebay.
they work fine.
Old 04-24-2003
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
I used to have the ebay lower tie bar. Even after 5000 miles it felt strong and shiny.

The DIY is easy...takes 15-30 minutes.
Old 04-24-2003
Registered!!

BlessedAggie is an unknown quantity at this point
So does anyone object to the cheap ebay strut bars. I know a lot of people are name brand happy but I think in this case that this is just a bar of steel bolted to to sides of the car so would the cheap ebay ones work fine?
Old 04-24-2003

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
yeah for the rear it should be fine. i have been happy with my rear OBX one. It is really thick, thicker than the ones on ebay. If you were getting a front strut bar then the generic ones wouldn't cut, at least in my view.
Old 04-24-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
I bought the DC rear lower and it works great, it actually was a gift from my girl, it looks good with the red car and it works great but no need to spend a mad amount of cash, i wouldnt go generic but the OBX would work fine.
Old 04-24-2003
Registered!!

speed werx is an unknown quantity at this point
well ive owned all the ebay bars, and i also now have all the spoon bars. i can tell you that there is a large diffrence in the rigidity, the fit and finish, and material thickness and weight.

The spoon bars were typically 1/3 less in weight, and had fixed attachment points vs. adjutable types on both ends.

IMO the DC sports bars are not much better than the ebay ones aside from the aesthetics. The neuspeed front bar which allows for a CAI is probaby the only decent one other than the Spoon and Mugen bars. I have yet to see if the front and rear mugen will fit, but looks probabale. sometimes you do get what you pay for.
Old 04-24-2003
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
robbclark1 wrote: There is no such thing as a rear strut tie bar
Actualy there is such a thing. Neuspeed makes them I know for sure.
They should have one out for our ride it just isn't on their web site yet.

A rear upper tie bar is a upper strut bar with no moving joints like the contempory strut bars have. It would be like the front upper tie bar neuspeed makes.

Also there is a guy on this site who make suspension pruducts for cheap.
His user name is Shelsuspension.
He make a rear upper tie bar along with other suspension stuff.
Here is a link to the stuff he is selling.

below is pic of a rear upper tie bar.

Link to forum: Suspension products - custom made tie bars

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 04-14-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2003

Then it would be a STRUT bar. A tie bar isn't a performance adder. It is used so that your chassis doesn't crack if you upgrade your sway bar. And you totally didn't look at the thread. The first is a front UPPER STRUT bar. The one you are showing is REAR UPPER STRUT BAR, not a REAR UPPER STRUT TIE BAR. A tie bar goes under the car to make sure the control arms don't break from the force an upgrade sway bar makes. I know it gets confusing but there are a few types of bars. They all mount in different places.

Strut bars
Sway bars
Tie bars
X or U brace
Floor bar
Roll Cage
Old 04-24-2003

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Then it would be a STRUT bar. A tie bar isn't a performance adder. It is used so that your chassis doesn't crack if you upgrade your sway bar. And you totally didn't look at the thread. The first is a front UPPER STRUT bar. The one you are showing is REAR UPPER STRUT BAR, not a REAR UPPER STRUT TIE BAR. A tie bar goes under the car to make sure the control arms don't break from the force an upgrade sway bar makes. I know it gets confusing but there are a few types of bars. They all mount in different places
True it is a "strut bar" but it will assume the name TIE bar when there is no moving parts!
Also I never stated that the tie bar was a performance adder.

FRAME cracking? Only if the you get a really thick sway bar beyond the stock specs

I totally did look at the thread, you total like didn't have your facts straight. They do make rear upper tie bars and I know that I posted a rear tie bar photo. here is link to neuspeed and tell that the their FRONT STURT TIE BAR is named wrong because it is on top. TIE BARs FROM NEUSPEED Also I know that the make REAR UPPER TIE BARS for car because I had one for my 89 SI CRX below i have added the photo for a REAR UPPER TIE BARS for a 89 SI CRX . See no moving Joints /parts. REAR TIE BAR

Also I'm not cunfused you are. I did my research what about you. Plus I posted proof.

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 04-24-2003 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2003

forgot the rear upper tie bar photo!

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 04-14-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2003
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
Agree

Originally posted by ak
I used to have the ebay lower tie bar. Even after 5000 miles it felt strong and shiny.

The DIY is easy...takes 15-30 minutes.
I got the one off Ebay for Twelve bucks shipped. It's been on for 7 thousand miles now and is still shiny and holding up great.

Easy install if you take off the tires.
Old 04-24-2003

ok whatever. It is just semantics. I am happy that you have proof because I would be lost without it!! There is a difference between a tie bar and a strut bar regardless of what the neuspeed site says. They call everything a tie bar on there besides the sway bars. The tie bar I have under my car HAS moving parts, so if it were solely based on moving parts then what would my tie bar be considered??? And yes in the 6th gen civics, if you upgraded your sway bar too much than you could crack or break your control arms. That is why tie bars were invented. They are not sure if that will happen on the 7thgen or not because no one has done. I really don't want to argue with you about this. But here is DC sports How come they have it seperated like I said??
Old 04-24-2003

What ever!
Like they say every one has opinion.
Different strokes for different folks.
You say Tamoto; I say Tamato.

Later

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 04-24-2003 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-24-2003

ok ok, you're right! And you can think whatever you want about me because you don't know anything about me. I never made judgements on you at all, just pointing out facts. I think it is very rude to pass judgements upon me for no reason. The forums are about discussions and apparently you cannot have a one without resulting in insults. Just don't bother with me anymore if you feel so strongly about me.
Old 04-24-2003

I wasn't insulting you.
Sorry you took it that way.
You are younger than me by your profile so I know something about you and I turned that into a respone with your comment of being lost with my information / proof. (it came off as being a smart ***.)
I have retracked the "little" comment.
Sorry, Lets call it even.
I'm here to chat and make new friends with a common interest not get into arguements.
Like they say every one has opinion.
Different strokes for different folks.

TRUCE?.

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 04-24-2003 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-24-2003

yeah ok. I wasn't insulting you with the confusing comment. I was just saying that in general, it is a confusing topic with so many bars to choose from. Again, it is just semantics. I personally, have never heard anyone calling a rear upper strut tie bar. From what I know strut bars and tie bars are two different types of bars. If you call it that than OK, that is fine. Over and done with, move on!
But, I still don't know what type of bar 03civicex is talking about.
Old 04-24-2003
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 04-24-2003
Registered!!

03CIVICEX is an unknown quantity at this point
im sorry ppl i meant... rear LOWER tie bars... sorry..
Old 04-24-2003

Cool thens
Well Friend Catch you later.
Didn't mean to get this issue all flustered.
Plus it has been a ruff day at work didn't mean to direct it at the chat forum and you..
Hopefully we will chat under way better circumstance.
Old 04-24-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by robbclark1
ok ok, you're right! And you can think whatever you want about me because you don't know anything about me. I never made judgements on you at all, just pointing out facts. I think it is very rude to pass judgements upon me for no reason. The forums are about discussions and apparently you cannot have a one without resulting in insults. Just don't bother with me anymore if you feel so strongly about me.
Give it up man. There's so much bullshit on this thread I still don't know what the guy was asking in the first place.:zbsflag: :zbsflag: :zbsflag: :zbsflag:
Old 04-24-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by 03CIVICEX
im sorry ppl i meant... rear LOWER tie bars... sorry..
Please try to be more lucid next time.