General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

DC Strut Bar Parts Missing!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluecoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
DC Strut Bar Parts Missing!

hey guys, i ordered a dc strut and tie bar from autocarparts.com and i got them today.
now those of you who have a dc strut bar know that there are four black plastic washers which are part of the bar. two washers go on each of the two bolts which connect the bar to the two strut mounts. without these four washers the bar is pretty useless. well i got 3/4 washers. i'm going to contact autocarparts.com tommorrow about this and see what they can do. hopefully they will help me out, as they should since i got an incomplete strut bar from them. otherwise, what are my chances of being able to get one of these plastic bushings directly from dcsports? anyone have any experience with this? any advice greatly appreciated.

btw, i think the piece may have been lost because they opened the strut bar's box and put the tie bar inside the box, when i got teh box, it had been resealed. one mount was attached to the bar, the other was not, and the bolt and ONE washer were just loose in the box.
Old 12-19-2001
Registered!!

0100010 is an unknown quantity at this point
You should be able to call DC Sports directly and order the missing part. If you go through the business you bought it through, then they'll probably have you return it, and they'll send you another one.
Old 12-19-2001
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
I complained directly to the manufacturer too about missing parts and I got no response. My Tsunami bumper has two screws and two little clips missing for the grill. They included directions for their T2000 model with my bumper, and the parts listing matched up to what I got, but I guess the T2001 has two more spots for screwing in the grill than the T2000.
Old 12-19-2001
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I feel your pain! I thought that kind of thing only happened to me.
Old 12-19-2001
Registered!!

drbombay is an unknown quantity at this point
if it's just a plastic washer try looking for one at any hardware store, it might be easier than all the waiting and complaining.
Old 12-19-2001
Registered!!

acura2001el is an unknown quantity at this point
complain to autocarparts.com. They should toake care of it for you.
Old 12-19-2001
Registered!!

bluecoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
well the way the dc strut bar works is when it is stressed, the bar itself doesn't give at all, the stress is transferred to these bushings. if there were nothing to give something would snap if you hit a huge pot hole or something prolly. anyways, the bushings at teh right 'give'. not just any old plastic washer will do.

anyways, resolution...
0100010 was right on. i called dc today, they were very helpful. now there's no phone number listed on their site and i haven't known them to be very responsive to emails, but a car shop near me gave me their number. so i called them this morning and told them my problem. the guy i spoke with was real cool about it and took my name and address and said he'd send one out to me. so i should be getting it in a week or so (us mail) and i won't have to pay anything, as i shouldn't. but again, couldn't have asked anything more of dc sports given the situation.