Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

HELP ME INSTALL A GAS CAP HANGER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
HELP ME INSTALL A GAS CAP HANGER!!!

Come on fellas. My post about this a week ago just ended up in total babble.

The DIY link for it doesn't work. The UPS guy literally just dropped the MajesticHonda parts I ordered, in front of my house. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] Fast shipping! Please guys I want to have it on before my next fill'er-up. I already have that tiny black piece that's supposed to go on the inside the gas door. What next????
Old 02-10-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
First cut off the clips on the back of the black piece and sand it smooth.

Just clean the inside of the door and the back of the black piece with alcohol and stick it on with double face tape, about 1/4 below the little ridge near the top of the door.
Old 02-10-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
Thanks Bartkat. Much abliged.

Will a Moderator please be so kind as to lock this thread? Any other replies would be meaningless and just be post whoring.
Old 02-10-2003
Registered!!

DizWikedCivic is on a distinguished road
why would u need a gas hanger for
Old 02-10-2003
Registered!!

Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough
All of these are getting me confused, My car already has a gas cap hanger, which ones dont?
Old 02-10-2003
Registered!!

DizWiked : Gas cap hanger are a place to put you gas cap while refueling your car at a gas station. It is an alternative to having your gas cap placed on your trunk or further away like on the gas pump itself, for cars that do not have it attached by string to the gas lid. Having the cap in the hanger eliminates the likelyhood of dropping, losing, or forgetting to put gas cap back on. The gas lid will not close when the cap is attached to the hanger, therefore you will know it is not on yet. There are many reason for having a gas cap hanger.
It also keeps paint from getting damaged by the gasoline on the cap, or just by simply dropping it on the surface. I would never forget to put it back on, but the gas-pumpers sometimes need a reminder. They always leave it on my roof or some other place I can't see.

Connie : I went to my local dealership today. They told me that only newer models have the cap hanger, and that the dealership puts them on themselves (just like they put the emblems, badges, and the annoying dealership stickers). I guess they passed mine up when they were putting their finishing touches. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-10-2003
Registered!!

DizWikedCivic is on a distinguished road
[hr]Originally posted by: XxSoVeReiGNxX
DizWiked : Gas cap hanger are a place to put you gas cap while refueling your car at a gas station. It is an alternative to having your gas cap placed on your trunk or further away like on the gas pump itself, for cars that do not have it attached by string to the gas lid. Having the cap in the hanger eliminates the likelyhood of dropping, losing, or forgetting to put gas cap back on. The gas lid will not close when the cap is attached to the hanger, therefore you will know it is not on yet. There are many reason for having a gas cap hanger.
It also keeps paint from getting damaged by the gasoline on the cap, or just by simply dropping it on the surface. I would never forget to put it back on, but the gas-pumpers sometimes need a reminder. They always leave it on my roof or some other place I can't see.

Connie : I went to my local dealership today. They told me that only newer models have the cap hanger, and that the dealership puts them on themselves (just like they put the emblems, badges, and the annoying dealership stickers). I guess they passed mine up when they were putting their finishing touches. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG][hr]
o ic, but mostly like if you forget put back the cap, the maintenece light is going to on