Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

kamikaze, do you lose less bottom end than with hp?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
redcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
kamikaze, do you lose less bottom end than with hp?

I heard some people complaning about loseing some bottom end power with the hp header, and I know that long tube headers have a tendency to do that, has any body noticed this with the kamikaze header? I'm thinking beacause it is a shorter style header you may not lose as much. If i am miss informed on any of this please let me know, don't flame just let me know. also I found the kamikaze for $258 shipped anybody know of a better price?
Old 12-20-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
With any 4-1 Header(where all 4 pipes merge into 1 single pipe) you are gonna lose some low end torque. With a 4-2-1 header(where all 4 pipes merge into 2 and then into 1) you are better off because not as much low end is lost.

From what I hear, not many gains are seen from the shorty header. Kamikaze is supposed to be the best out there. It's better than HP in my mind because you don't have to cut the motor mount to install it.

Where did you find the Kamikaze header for that price?

Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

Well I hate to say it but it's a guy off of ebay, if you type in kamikaze on ebay motors you'll find the auction, but I emailed him and you are able to just buy it straight up I guess from his shop for $240 plus like 18 for shipping. But I don't know I don't like ebay!
Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

XxPloSiv2k1Lx is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought Kamikaze wasnt a shorty header?
Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

zetaR is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, you will lose some power in the low end, but you will definitely notice a difference in the high end. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best performance mod that I have done. You do lose your cat when the Kamikaze header is installed, which helps alot. The cat is one of those parts that restricts air flow drastically.
Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

nongv is an unknown quantity at this point
can you still have the cat installed also too? can you give me the link to his website?
Old 12-20-2002

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all

Kamikaze Performance

This is the page

Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

unfourtuneatly i have an ex which means i will have to buy a after market cat, because the ex cat is located farther back and is not replaced. But I'm still vary excited, and i wil buy a aftermarket cat soon.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-20-2002

[hr]Originally posted by: redcivic
unfourtuneatly i have an ex which means i will have to buy a after market cat, because the ex cat is located farther back and is not replaced. But I'm still vary excited, and i wil buy a aftermarket cat soon.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][hr]
Um, i thought that the Kamikaze replaces the cat with a straight pipe? Do you have an emissions test you have to pass or something?

Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

ya they will do a visual, in my home town were I live now it's no big deal because I know people but i will be transfering from the local college to UT in austin soon, and they are pretty strict in austin.
Old 12-20-2002
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
ok, well I know NOTHING about headers ... only that they give you the most hp out of the i/h/e combo ...

so Kamikazi headers are the best there is? what about Mugen ... ? or DC?
Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

DarrenA is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an 02 Civic Ex and I was thinking about ordering it. So what would I do about my cat. If I ordered it would it come ready to hook up just with no cat?
Old 12-20-2002

[hr]Originally posted by: DarrenA
I have an 02 Civic Ex and I was thinking about ordering it. So what would I do about my cat. If I ordered it would it come ready to hook up just with no cat?[hr]
Yes, it just replaces the cat. Take that bitch out. It's not like you need it anyways [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]. Unless you have emissions test.

Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish someone would do a comparison between the hp race and kam on a dyno or something.

Seems like the hp race design with its long-tube design would produce more top-end power but loose more on the bottom.

I guess the kam has an advantage because you don't have to cut the mount but I don't see how anyone can say that it offers more power than the hp. If anything, I think the only conclusion is that the hp would offer the most power simply because of the design.
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

I don't know the word on these kamikaze headers is that they are pretty awsome, and that is comeing form sources i trust that are not evan affilieated with this board.[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-21-2002

I read somewhere that the kamikaze was dynoed against the DC sports header and the Kamikaze produced 5 more horsepower.
Old 12-21-2002
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
hmm... is that because the DC sports header doesn't take out the cat? (or does it?)
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

I was told that the header for ex models does not replace the cat, because it is located farther down than on lx's. Hey flyriceracer02 I saw on a different message that you want to get a tanabe exhaust, just let you know you can get it at first-1.com for a great price.
Old 12-21-2002

redcivic yea i saw that. I already ordered it for $550 shipped. Oh well. no biggie.
Old 12-21-2002
Registered!!

that's cool, by the way you'll love it[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]