Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

price of hood painted

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bake is an unknown quantity at this point
price of hood painted

what have any of you paid to get just the hood painted? cause the kaminari air ram hood is lookin better everyday and was wonderin how much i would be spendin to get it painted
Old 12-16-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
I would not pay more that $150 to get it done.
Old 12-16-2002
Registered!!

nytejade is an unknown quantity at this point
$150? Man you're nuts. Be prepared to spend $300-400 depending on whether you wanna blend the fenders or not, and depending on quality of the job. You pay $150 to paint your hood and you're gonna get a crap job. Just my advice. I've had my hood painted recently. It was free, but it would have been upwards of $400 for a good job.
Old 12-16-2002
Registered!!

bake is an unknown quantity at this point
i paid 350 for my whole kaminari body kit though and its quite a bit bigger than just the hood
Old 12-17-2002
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
i dun thnk blending the color to match the fenders is neccesary.. comon if you car;s paint job is only a year or so.. I really doubt there's a drastic noticable diffference in the paint... I can see the blending done for older paint jobs such as 3-4 years old... cause of UV and weather elements..
Old 12-17-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Macko
i dun thnk blending the color to match the fenders is neccesary.. comon if you car;s paint job is only a year or so.. I really doubt there's a drastic noticable diffference in the paint... I can see the blending done for older paint jobs such as 3-4 years old... cause of UV and weather elements..[hr]
Well it's not that your paint is faded. With metallic paint (especially nighthawk black pearl) it's REALLY REALLY hard to get the metallic glitter to match, so they blend so you can't notice. It's almost imspobble to spray it exact, actually.
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: nytejade
$150? Man you're nuts. Be prepared to spend $300-400 depending on whether you wanna blend the fenders or not, and depending on quality of the job. You pay $150 to paint your hood and you're gonna get a crap job. Just my advice. I've had my hood painted recently. It was free, but it would have been upwards of $400 for a good job.[hr]
No offense but if you pay that much for just a hood then you are nuts! He!! you may as well just buy a carbon fiber hood then.

Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: bobbyd
[hr]Originally posted by: nytejade
$150? Man you're nuts. Be prepared to spend $300-400 depending on whether you wanna blend the fenders or not, and depending on quality of the job. You pay $150 to paint your hood and you're gonna get a crap job. Just my advice. I've had my hood painted recently. It was free, but it would have been upwards of $400 for a good job.[hr]
No offense but if you pay that much for just a hood then you are nuts! He!! you may as well just buy a carbon fiber hood then.[hr]
None taken. If you pay $150 to paint your hood then you're either blind or too stupid to notice the difference in paint quality. In terms of glitter match and orange peel (which you probably don't even know about). No offense...

Not everyone that owns a civic is a rice boy. Some people just don't like carbon fiber hoods. They're useless in my opinion.