Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Chevron Fuel Injector Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dticalman is an unknown quantity at this point
Chevron Fuel Injector Cleaner

I just recently put my first ever bottle of Chevron Techron additive in my car hoping that it'll clean my fuel system out. Now..do these products actually clean the fuel system out.and also do these products increase the performance of your car? I just recently bought it because earlier, about 2 months ago, I had accidentally put diesel in my car..(another story) and i'm trying this product to clean my fuel system out and cuz I feel like my car is getting slower.. just wondering if you guys have had any positive experiences for these products...?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-04-2002
Registered!!

Hiwind is an unknown quantity at this point
i'd juse keep on using synthetic motor oil and Chevron w/ Techron 89 gas, additives dont do much i think
Old 12-04-2002
Registered!!

lump is an unknown quantity at this point
about 2 months ago, I had accidentally put diesel in my car..(another story)

Old 12-04-2002
Registered!!

Hiwind is an unknown quantity at this point
i remember that, sorry to hear about your mistake [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
i still dont see how you could have put in diesel, even when im drunk i still can get unleaded gas
Old 12-04-2002
The Man, Myth and Legend

Location: Western Canada, where the beer is cold and the women are HOT!
ZMan2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually, everytime I change my oil I put a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in. I do it because when I used to drive second hand cars, you know some are treated like we treat our cars, they are our babies, then some of them are treated so bad you want to [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] . Well as I put these in, after about the third or fourth, I noticed a difference in fuel economy, for the better. So if this stuff makes a difference on a car that's 10 years old, maybe it'll help keep the system clean on a new car so that you can't notice a change from when it was new. I like it, and I'll keep doin' it. Besides, it's like $3 a bottle, every oil change. Can't hurt.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-04-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
When I got my Civic, I left my Firebird sitting in the garaga for weeks at a time. It was 8 years old with about 90.000 miles on it. I decided to put some fuel stabilizer in the tank since the car was not being driven much. Well one day I took the Firebird out and drove some and then decided to wring it out. It was awesome. The car burned tires till I backed off the gas and screamed off like it had much more power. I figured the performance had dropped gradually over a long time and I hadn't really noticed. I read the ingredients on the bottle of stabilizer and it was quite similar to the injector cleaner stuff. Anyhow it must have really cleaned the system and restored the engine to it's original power.

So after that I'm putting the Techron cleaner in my Civic every 5000 miles or so and that way maybe it won't ever get so gunked up as the Firebird did.