Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

short shift adapter vs a short shifter

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
redcivex is an unknown quantity at this point
short shift adapter vs a short shifter

whats the difference
Old 11-14-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Wrong Forum....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-14-2002
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
what forum should he use then?

this is the Other Products and Parts forum... usually where people inquriy about parts...

unless you moved the thread here [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

First, you need to know that we have a cable linkage shifter system. for these type of shifters, they ususally have short shifter adapters.

For our applications, these are the short shifter/adapters that I know:
Neuspeed Short Shifter Adapter,
DC Sports Short Shifter Adapter,
SOLO Short Shifter Adapter,
DC Sports Replica (found on ebay) Adapter,
and finally the Revo Short Shifter System (two different versions, latest version being the "better" one)

all these products (except the 1st version of revo*) do one same thing, they change the pivot point for the cable attachment point to the shifter, which reduces the throw of the shift. usually resulting in shorter shifting, and stiffer shifting.

only the Revos shorten the shift stick's height, as they replace the stick itself.

*From looking at the design of the 1st version Revo, it doesn't seem like they changed anything except for the stick shift's height. They incorporated the change in the pivot point in the 2nd version though

are short shifters/adapters worth it? Personally I prefer stock over my Neuspeed Adapter... I got use to the difference too fast, and I prefer the smoother shifting with the stock.

anyhow, hope this helps.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

BrotherSound is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: CapYoda
what forum should he use then?

this is the Other Products and Parts forum... usually where people inquriy about parts...

unless you moved the thread here [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][hr]
it was originally in "general auto ramblings"
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
no clue. best guess is the linkages versus an actual shorter stick.

since shortshifting provides no actual performance benefits, i would go with the shorter stick. it has the same feel as the linkages, but has the added benefits of looking cool, and allowing better access to your drink holders. plus, if you still want it shorter for an even shorter feel, you can always add the linkages.

anyone who drives a civic always says "hey i dig the short shifter" when they first get in my car.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: WhiteRabbit
no clue. best guess is the linkages versus an actual shorter stick.

since shortshifting provides no actual performance benefits, i would go with the shorter stick. it has the same feel as the linkages, but has the added benefits of looking cool, and allowing better access to your drink holders. plus, if you still want it shorter for an even shorter feel, you can always add the linkages.

anyone who drives a civic always says "hey i dig the short shifter" when they first get in my car.[hr]
I thought you ghetto rigged yours like I did mine??

Cut the threads off the shifter..get an aftermarket shift **** that fits on a 12mm shifter...get the neuspeed SS adapter..this way you can make your shifter as short as you want. and save $99...
Old 11-14-2002
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
just save and go for the real deal.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
[hr]Originally posted by: AR
just save and go for the real deal.[hr]
ive been over this so much *sigh* shortenign teh stock stick versus buying a short stick. NOW whats the difference? ..........

nope, i cant think of the difference...... oh yeah! the $80 i saved [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

and mo, i left my threads on, i prefer the stock ****, used to have an aftermarket, didnt seal on tight, boot didnt fit right, liked the stock better. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

so shortening the stock shifter? it IS the real deal. ive proven this many times, many threads, some pages long and full of grief. feel free to search for them, unless you have no argumesnts to present, like you didnt this post here ;D

unless saving and getting the "real deal" (didnt i just prove mine IS the real deal?) actually IS better than cutting stock, or at least $80 better......... got any evidence to support that theory? or like metaphysics, is it all bs [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Old 11-15-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
I have no problem spending money on a short shifter so the sky is the limit for me.

Is it my understanding the the REVO shoft shifter version 2 is the best one to get? Where can I get the version 2?
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

RyzRocket02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why get a short shifter? Isn't it basically just for looks? I got the stock shifter and when I shift, I just put my fingers as far down on the stick as I can reach. It usually means that I'm below the console... If I'm not mistaken, that shift will be faster and shorter than the short shifters...
Old 11-16-2002
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
I have no problem spending money on a short shifter so the sky is the limit for me.

Is it my understanding the the REVO shoft shifter version 2 is the best one to get? Where can I get the version 2?[hr]
I believe thats all they sell now. they dont sell version 1 no more. so wherever you get the revo, ebay, autodynamic, etc. it should be the newer version.