Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

only the 500th exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
only the 500th exhaust question

Okay im gonna order my catback in about 2 weeks. I've searched on here and on other websites that have reviews on exhausts for the past 3 days. I was kinda thinking about greddy and also the apexi world sport. I DO NOT WANT a TCS so please don't reccommend it. Heres my question, how loud is the Greddy? Its it super loud, i know people have different opinions on what loud is, but to the normal 19 yr old guy how would it be?? Is it pretty loud when just starting off and then it dies down or is it relatively quiet??? I've read different things for the past 2 days so help me out people.

Thanks,
Ray
Old 11-07-2002
Registered!!

Hiwind is an unknown quantity at this point
why dont u check out the master thread for exhaust clips - there is greddy evo clip in there
Old 11-07-2002
Registered!!

its a crappy clip, if that clip could justify my question i wouldnt have posted this.
Old 11-07-2002
Registered!!

NAcoma is an unknown quantity at this point
the evo is an excellent exhaust IMO. its one of the two other exhausts i would consider puttin on my car(the other being dynomax). its not as loud as people would lead you to believe, but it is deep as hell. actually its rather quiet until you upgrade your header..then it gets a lot lotter(but not in a bad way). i dont remember where but i think i saw someone compare the sound(with header) to a vw beetle? thats only if you want an idea of how deep it is, but honestly i jus dont hear it..[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]..
oh and btw, the tcs 0wnz all other exhausts[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-07-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Get a TCS!!!!!!!! LOL[IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Just kidding!

Anyways, what do you want loud or soft? You never disclosed your preference

Why not go with a Tanabe Super Racing Medalion. Warning, It is amazingly loud though. I you want to get attention then this is what to get. I've heard of it's sound compared to that of a Harley.

Old 11-07-2002
Registered!!

I want a relatively softer sound thats pleasant to listen to. I want to make some noise but i don't want people to hear me coming a mile away. Just a deep low sound that isnt loud as hell. A lot of people like the tcs but i hate the design so it is out of the picture for me. I've heard lots of good things about greddy but reading about it was almost the same as reading goldielox and the three bears......too loud, too quiet....some said just right...wtf. I know people have different opinions on what loud is, but to the normal 19 yr old guy how would it be??

Ray
Old 11-08-2002
JDM WHORE!!!

JDMCIVIC will become famous soon enough
I have a TCS and I love it, although EVERYBODY including me had problems with it melting our bumpers but that was solved . Getting to the point, how about you just get a apexi n1 or skunk2 but get custom piping and add a resonator so that way it can be quiet and plus you would probably like that design. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-08-2002
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone buy an exhaust for performance?

Or just sound?

IronFist
Old 11-08-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: IronFist
Does anyone buy an exhaust for performance?

Or just sound?

IronFist[hr]
Exhaust for our cars are meant for performance? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Old 11-08-2002
Registered!!

dacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
My friend had greddy on his 2k accord v6. I can't even hear his exhaust sound during normal driving. But once he gets on it you can hear a nice deep sound not loud. For my understanding, WS is not loud or deep at all. It should almost sound like stock but a little bit louder than stock. I hope that helps.
Old 11-08-2002
Registered!!

LarryR is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll try to let you know my opinion on the GReddy EVO some time early next week. It is supposedly waiting for me at home. I plan to install it this Saturday when I go home. I also plan to get a recording of the system during take-off and down shifting and well as a constant speed.
How does this sound for a layout:

Idle, 0-35, 35 constant, 35-50, 50 constant, 50-60, 60 constant, 60-75, 75 constant, down shift to 0, hard accelerate.
First speed listings would be done at a normal acceleration rate, then after gearing down normally, I would accelerate from a standstill to a top speed of my choosing, probably 75, before backing off the throttle and ending the clip.
All speeds listed are in MPH, audio format would be MP3 at 128kbps.
I plan to locate a mic. on top of rear bumper. May place a mic. on the roadside for hard accelerate and 35 consant, and see which clip sounds best, or post both. Not sure, also it will take time. Give me a week just in case other things come up.

Sorry I have no way currently to create digital video, only audio.

If the clip sounds like crap, I will not post it, hopefully it will sound close to the true sound.

Hope I can help eventually.
Old 11-08-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO, the GReddy EVO sounds like crap. A better sounding deep exhaust is Skunk2's Megapower Exhaust.