Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

LX Exaust favorites?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondah1 is an unknown quantity at this point
LX Exaust favorites?

Whats up, 2k2 LX owners...what is your favorite exaust for our cars? Any performance difference
since you installed? How about the sound? Would you say it was worth the cash? I know of only
like two Cat backs for our cars...are there more?
Old 11-02-2002
Panda

I have the HKS Hipower rear section...highly reccomend if you kie it quiet, its a great exhaust....i had my midpipe modified so now there is no reso and its a bit loud...quite loud actually...but it sounds cool...combined with the AEM CAI it sounds mean!!! performance wise...if you are leaving your stock midpipe on, you'll notice a bit of midrange to top end difference..a bit.....not much....with the straight pipe i lost some low end torque but it feels better at high rpms.... HKS also...my friend Hawk has the TCS on his EX and it sounds nice too...a bit quiet but still audible.....
Old 11-02-2002
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
[hr]Originally posted by: Panda
also...my friend Hawk has the TCS on his EX and it sounds nice too...a bit quiet but still audible.....
[hr]
oh whats up? im not your friend anymore?? you biyatch! [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

anyways, i have an HP Racing J-Spec rear section. still have the stock intake, headers, and midpipe, so there wasnt that much performance gain. but the sound is great!! nice and deep, and barely noticable at idle. i did notice a slight loss of low end torque, but i actually like it this way better, its less jerky in the low ranges, and the higher revs are a bit more responcive than before too.
the sound is great tho!!! no real need to go with catback, but if you do, go with the TCS!!!!! you wont be sorry. that thing is friggin nice sounding.
Old 11-02-2002
Panda

lol...my bad man hahahhaahahahaha...yeah dan's HP racing sounds good too... quiet but still audible.....Patricks mozart sounds good since he got his midpipe done like me....it sounds deeep..euro deep..nice....
Old 11-02-2002
Registered!!

torqen2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the Thermal R&D it sounds good. I cant wait to get the Kamakaze header, because I heard it will sound nice!
Old 11-02-2002
Registered!!

BlueFlame is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the Magnaflow - like a lot of people on here - and I love it. Don't know if it makes much difference compared to some of the others, but I like it. I've gotten some props for it too, since it's nice and deep, not one of those stupid-*** high pitched fart-cans. No offense, I just hate them, they sound really stupid IMHO.
And it might be all in my head, but there seems to be some performance gain with it, mostly in the higher-end RPM's. Not much, since I don't have any other performance mods like header or intake, but I can definitely feel a little more pull ..
Hope this helps man

Peace
Old 11-02-2002
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
i use the universal hks hiper... i had 5 zigen fireball b4..
but i like the hks beetter though..
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

Drk01Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I am running stock right now, but, for me, it's a toss up between Thermal R&D cat-back and HKS rear section.
Old 11-03-2002
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: PbFoot
[hr]Originally posted by: Panda
also...my friend Hawk has the TCS on his EX and it sounds nice too...a bit quiet but still audible.....
[hr]
oh whats up? im not your friend anymore?? you biyatch! [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

anyways, i have an HP Racing J-Spec rear section. still have the stock intake, headers, and midpipe, so there wasnt that much performance gain. but the sound is great!! nice and deep, and barely noticable at idle. i did notice a slight loss of low end torque, but i actually like it this way better, its less jerky in the low ranges, and the higher revs are a bit more responcive than before too.
the sound is great tho!!! no real need to go with catback, but if you do, go with the TCS!!!!! you wont be sorry. that thing is friggin nice sounding.[hr]
I got the same HP J-Spec... I didn't notice any loss in the low-end though but it is more responsive into the high rpms. It's kinda quiet but noticeable still. I had my friend floor it for like an 1/8th mile and I stood at the end to get the full affect of the sound from outside the car and it sound really nice. I'm also running everything else stock for now.
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

Hondasport01 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got an APEX N1 GT Jspec custom cat-back with 2 1/4 pipe and the Kamikazi header... OMG with it I went from 17.4 in 1/4 to 16.28 ... You do the math . The muffler is kinda loud but not too bad. The low end is damn near gone but I think I will get it back when I get a high flow cat... The kamikazi replaces the stock "header" and the cat. So I'm lookin at a high flow to get me past emmissions and build a little back pressure. Maybe add 1 or 2 hp with the added back pressure...
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Hondasport01
I've got an APEX N1 GT Jspec custom cat-back with 2 1/4 pipe and the Kamikazi header... OMG with it I went from 17.4 in 1/4 to 16.28 ... You do the math . The muffler is kinda loud but not too bad. The low end is damn near gone but I think I will get it back when I get a high flow cat... The kamikazi replaces the stock "header" and the cat. So I'm lookin at a high flow to get me past emmissions and build a little back pressure. Maybe add 1 or 2 hp with the added back pressure...[hr]
was wondering is ur LX or EX
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

Nuts is an unknown quantity at this point
thermal RD, nuff said
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

hondah1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, thanks for ur replies! I didn't know there were this many choices! Lot more options than
I thought. Sounds like getting an exaust is definately worth it! Man, I wish I made more money so I
could buy one right now! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] Freakin crappy job! Where did you guys find your exausts? I haven't
found too many places with a very good selection. thanks again...
Old 11-04-2002
Registered!!

Hondasport01 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got an LX 5sp