Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

R1 short ram intake installation ('01 LX, AT)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JoeyP is an unknown quantity at this point
R1 short ram intake installation ('01 LX, AT)

Can anyone help me piece this together? The kit did not come with any instructions or pictures. I've looked at the AEM cold air installation but it's completely different. I haven't actually tried to install it yet (this weekend I will), but was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this setup. Here is a picture of all the parts it came with (I have a filter already)....

All openings are 2" or 3", you can tell which is which.

I've numbered the pieces, also.

Thanks,

Joey
Old 10-08-2002
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
use the number 4 adapter to connect to the throttle body.. then use the number 2 bend adapter to connect to that... then the pipe number 1 to that..

I dont think u really need to use pipe 3 and adapter 5. but you can use that to extend the length of the short ram if you want. looks like the number 5 adapter is a 3 inch to 2 inch adapter.. so u can use that at the end of pipe 1...

btw, u do have a filter right?

and er. where are the clamps? you'll need them to secure the pippings.

and forget about number 6, thats a generic attachment, it doens't really work.. unless u can figure out a way to attach theintake to a point in the engine.

I'll just leave it dangling, its not a big deal as long as u tigthen the clamps enough.
Old 10-08-2002
Registered!!

aZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura aboutaZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura about
Ooo! A puzzle! What CapYoda said. A piece is missing from the puzzle... Ah yes, the filter... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-08-2002
Registered!!

Thanks for the reply...

1) I do have a filter, and hoseclamps (sorry, forgot to mention)

2) You said to put the #4 on the throttle body, but the throttle body is 2", right? (as stated on http://slacknet.nu/diy_aem_intake/step04.html)

3) If I put two rubber connections together, won't this be kinda flimsy? (especially since you said not to use the mounting bracket?)

I think it's Throttle body-#2-#1-filter, and the rest is garbage.

Old 10-08-2002
Registered!!

Vinz is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, where did you get that intake from?

Back when I first bought my Civic I purchased a short R1 intake. It looked EXACTLY like that only it didn't come with #2, #4, & #3. I talked with someone else around that time that bought the same intake and they didn't get those parts either. We sent pics and information about what was needed to make it fit to the business and they said they would fix it and take care of us. Well, never heard anything from them and I still have this useless intake sitting in my closet. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Anyway, I have since purchased a different brand that fits. And it looks like they fixed their intakes for future customers, but it still pisses me off.

Old 10-08-2002
Registered!!

Intake is from www.nopi.com.

I should have added that 3, 4, & 5 came in a seperate package than the box shown, (although all were shipped together in a big box.) The picture on their website shows the blue piece, thats' what got me confused.

Old 10-09-2002
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
I thought you use #5 on the throttle body.... thats the way my AEM Short Ram is... it came with a bigger to smaller, or vice versa, that fit onto the throttle body, and it also came with #4 that connected another pipe.....