Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

DC sports header...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KnightRider2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
DC sports header...

i ordered a dc sports ceramic header. and i have a obx cat-back exhaust. does anyone know if the header will bolt directly on the exhaust or will i have to get some kinda of extension made? also is there a place to put the o2 sensor on the header?
Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
i think, THINK, the DC header is a one peice deal and not a full length header. therefore it will not even bolt on to your cat at all or will replace the pipe your sensor in connected to.
Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

biggs is an unknown quantity at this point
the dc sport header is a one peice i just put it on my lx. there is no room on the header for the o2 sensors.
Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

FamilyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
The header in question is the one piece as stated above. It bolts to your stock down pipe which is connected to your stock cat. All the O2 sensors are in the down pipe on, so you won't have any problems. I hope you weren't thinking you were getting a complete 4-2-1 or 4-1 header, it is only the upper piece (the four tubes that go into the down pipe) as shown in the photo below. This is the set up that DC found gave them the most HP. Have fun, the gain are minimal at best.

Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
FamilyMan, what exactly does that wrap around the header tubes do? I see you have the plasma coils. How do you like them? Man! I just can't keep up!
Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

FamilyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Mbow
FamilyMan, what exactly does that wrap around the header tubes do? I see you have the plasma coils. How do you like them? Man! I just can't keep up![hr]
Mbow: I'll let ThermoTech answer that here: LINK. I like the Plasma Directs. I am getting better 60' and it seems to rev quicker. Honestly though, I have never been able to just do ONE thing at a time to test it out. I plan to get my car dyno'd within 2 weeks. Then we will see, I plan to get one from a dealer lot and dyno it too as a comparo. That way nobody can talk crap.

Edit: Mbow: I really am thinking about that flame thrower too. Just to impress my 2 boys!