Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

ILLWILL'S Turbo?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bo0sT is an unknown quantity at this point
ILLWILL'S Turbo?!?!?

Correct me if i'm wrong.. but weren't we suppossed to see proof of this turbo by the 7th? Today is the 8th. Maybe i've got it mixed up with someone else getting "gude" dyno results.. i dunno. I'm pretty sure he said after englishtown he'd reveal his so called top secret turbo kit. Sounds kinda queer.. but that's cool
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah.. guess it's no go with the turbo.. not much news with gude, either. I'm just considering taking my car to a machine shop and having them do it there.
Old 07-08-2002
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, excuses are like @ssholes, everybody's got em.
Old 07-08-2002
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
[hr]Originally posted by: fraga
Yeah, excuses are like @ssholes, everybody's got em. [hr]

Fraga.... yeah thats original...... [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
oh shut up! u guys are pathetic. atleast he has the ***** to fabricate and try things on his car because he is focused on making power. unlike all u ***** asses sitting on ur computer b|tchin about this and that and flaming. well u know what what? u dont believe he has a turbo, meanwhile someone on this site could prove u wrong because i saw it, OTEP12 saw it, and RICEROCKET almost saw it but he couldnt make it. atleast these guys had the ***** to actually show up and meet up to check out the turbo. pics pics thats all i read in this post. hes not posting pics so get over it. people drove him outta this site so too bad. he takes his turbo and business elsewhere. u wanna b|tch and talk about going custom, well this is CUSTOM! if ur desperate for power here it is, what are u waiting for? scared? think he is going to scam u? well "F" u all because life is about taking chances and lemme tell u it is full of sheeeeeeeiiit! so deal with it! just to let u kow, i went to massachusetts, and guys over there already have a h22 engine swapped into a DX by cutting the and redsigning the frame and engine bay, modifying motor mounts, and something called trial and error. and it worked! there is also another one who squeezed in the b16 in with A/C and power steering by cutting and remodeling the engine bay. so there u go losers. flame all u want but ur just gonna be sitting ducks there for the moment. how do u think other engines were swapped and how turbos were done for other cars? by trial and error, something u guys arent man enough to do. instead all u do is b|tch!
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
someone is bound to say this, u want pics of the engines swapped? well "F" u again and try it urself and u take pics.
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
Come on Alex no reason to get all rowdy its not necessary, i understnad both POVs on one hand we all want more power for this platform and some of us have the resources available to do so faster than and others and some want to but either need the proof before making a leap such as a turbo or a "head package" i for one am willing to spend the 3000.00 for a turbo but i do want proof of 3000.00 worth of power and to have the ***** to go out and fabricate something is cool as well i respect that but no reason to get all crazy about some one wanting the proof of a statement such as "got a turbo will post pics soon" i for one want to see the Turbo installed to make up my mind if its worth that money and to see the dyno charts to see if its worth the time and effort that i would put into it so just take it easy and lets not have to deal with flamers and haters
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

thanks for the lil calming effect talk REDDRAGON, made feel a lil better. i guess im sorry i blew up, but WILL is my friend and hes tried real hard to build what he got now and for all the comments people on this site make on him i guess i just feel bad as well like if it was being said to me. i do agree with ur POV as well though but the comments people make here are so rude and just **** people of u know. well just though id say it.
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
I understand Alex i really do and give your friend props for me because having the ***** to go out and fab something like that is off the hook...i really hope someday i got the cash to front a Turbo if those big name azses dont get moving. I hope to see a future for your friends turbo let me know how it goes and dont let the people on here get to you it isnt worth it...you know the truth as does your friend and in the end thats all that matters and when he sweeps up on the track everyone will know then and how sweet would that be[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah your friend is going to make major $$$ if he gets it working
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

SugarRay is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: alex1
oh shut up! u guys are pathetic. atleast he has the ***** to fabricate and try things on his car because he is focused on making power. unlike all u ***** asses sitting on ur computer b|tchin about this and that and flaming. well u know what what? u dont believe he has a turbo, meanwhile someone on this site could prove u wrong because i saw it, OTEP12 saw it, and RICEROCKET almost saw it but he couldnt make it. atleast these guys had the ***** to actually show up and meet up to check out the turbo. pics pics thats all i read in this post. hes not posting pics so get over it. people drove him outta this site so too bad. he takes his turbo and business elsewhere. u wanna b|tch and talk about going custom, well this is CUSTOM! if ur desperate for power here it is, what are u waiting for? scared? think he is going to scam u? well "F" u all because life is about taking chances and lemme tell u it is full of sheeeeeeeiiit! so deal with it! just to let u kow, i went to massachusetts, and guys over there already have a h22 engine swapped into a DX by cutting the and redsigning the frame and engine bay, modifying motor mounts, and something called trial and error. and it worked! there is also another one who squeezed in the b16 in with A/C and power steering by cutting and remodeling the engine bay. so there u go losers. flame all u want but ur just gonna be sitting ducks there for the moment. how do u think other engines were swapped and how turbos were done for other cars? by trial and error, something u guys arent man enough to do. instead all u do is b|tch![hr]
Oh the irony of this post.

You do realize that when you act like this, nobody is taking you seriously.

Ray
Old 07-09-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
ok so mr moderator decided to lock up the thread for whatever reason. but anyways, otep12 was there, u guys can hit him up to ask about what he saw as well. illwill said, he didn't want otep12 to take any pictures. he wanted it confidential until july 7th. really sorry guys, but i proved to one person so far and probably all of u on july 7th. this turbo is well and working. visual results and ET's are due on july 7th. by the way, the turbo is going to be for sale. its 1300US for the first few buyers, then most likely 1500US for the rest.[hr]
So yeah, it's July 9th now. Where are the "visual results"? Where are the "ET's"?

Why not answer some of these questions?

- What kind of turbo does ILLWILL have?
- How did you make the turbo manifold?
- How did you make the charge pipes?
- Do you use a blow off valve?
- Where did you locate the intake?
- What kind of filter do you use?
- Does the engine overheat now?
- Why did otep12 see smoke?
- Did you protect anything from the heat of the turbo?
- Any fuel system upgrades?
- How did you monitor detonation when increasing the psi?
- Do you run a higher octane gas now?
- How tight a fit was that turbo?
- What psi are you running again?
- Any monitoring guages installed?
- How do you feed oil to the turbo?
Old 07-09-2002
The Fallen Angel . . .

Vizyun is an unknown quantity at this point
Oooooh, good ?'s from Grey. Any takers? No? Oooooh . . . as say in French," Merde du cheval!!"
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I am at a total lost here as to why you are getting all hot and bothered over this, not the flaming posts but the posts simply asking for pics. Take a deep breath and think about this for a second...You actually think that someone on this site would send you money for a "custom turbo" without any proof whatsoever that it even exists? Saying "someone saw it" is not proof. No one here is scared, they are simply using common sense. I am not criticizing or flaming, just trying to make you understand that you guys have absolutely no credibility whatsoever without any pics and details of this system, especially if you are offering it to others for only $1300? A single post with pictures and answers to some technical questions would earn you the respect of everyone on this forum. If your product is legit you have no logical reason whatsoever not to post pics & information, especially if you are wanting to sell it. Since you will not do this you appear to be hiding something or simply cannot back up your claims. The members here are not stupid and certainly do not deserve to be addressed in the way you have done in this thread. You want respect? You guys gotta earn it.

Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man, if you think anyone on this site is going to send you $1300 for something without even knowing what the hell it is(specs, pics), then I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.
The least you could do is put up some specs and answer grey's questions. Not flaming, just showing you the other side of this debate.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

ALLMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
I unlocked this thread......the debate is good...and as long as it can stay educational and respectful.....I'll keep it going. To invest in a mod such as this needs all aspects attacked to evaluate the best decision for that owner.......so allow the cross examination to continue....keep it come'n ..Peace!
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

bo0sT is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't mean to get everyone all rowdy.. especially alex.. you're a lil' moody aren't ya bud? It's cool.. I'm not "flaming" in fact.. i thing the whole term is a lil g*y. Dude, personally.. before i bought my car, i saw it. If i lived near you guys.. i'd go see it. I'm in Houston, i have a shop here.. and a city full of 7thgens that want a turbo. I found a few people who say they can do it. I'll be checking into that soon. South florida performance has a turbo for us, and they're dyno tuning it now along with making more manifolds. There's a few experimental things out there. Personally, i do believe you... i almost believe that they're putting h22's and b16's into 7th gens... but the engine swap thing is a lil far fetched cuz of how different our setup is. I'm sure it can all be done though.. and i'm sure it all will be done. I just see everything before i buy it. If you'd like to just e-mail me pick.. that's cool. Anyway, let me know how it all works out.
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
It's nice that we have some pioneers around here, though. I personally am not too sure about illwill and his turbo, since it's not a particularly convincing story, but htown and his k20 swap is still in the works, and there's a couple of guys testing out the gude, with less than favorable results [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG] - I hope gude can get its act together soon. I can imagine that there definitely is a turbo or three somewhere in the works, and JUN's camshaft is in R&D. the 7th gen aftermarket is coming along fairly quickly - look at how long it took for the 5th and 6th gens to pick up.
Old 07-10-2002
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Right now the only true story is H-Town and his swap.
Old 07-10-2002
Support your local 81

bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point
oh shut up! u guys are pathetic. atleast he has the ***** to fabricate and try things on his car because he is focused on making power. unlike all u ***** asses sitting on ur computer b|tchin about this and that and flaming. well u know what what? u dont believe he has a turbo, meanwhile someone on this site could prove u wrong because i saw it, OTEP12 saw it, and RICEROCKET almost saw it but he couldnt make it. atleast these guys had the ***** to actually show up and meet up to check out the turbo. pics pics thats all i read in this post. hes not posting pics so get over it. people drove him outta this site so too bad. he takes his turbo and business elsewhere. u wanna b|tch and talk about going custom, well this is CUSTOM! if ur desperate for power here it is, what are u waiting for? scared? think he is going to scam u? well "F" u all because life is about taking chances and lemme tell u it is full of sheeeeeeeiiit! so deal with it! just to let u kow, i went to massachusetts, and guys over there already have a h22 engine swapped into a DX by cutting the and redsigning the frame and engine bay, modifying motor mounts, and something called trial and error. and it worked! there is also another one who squeezed in the b16 in with A/C and power steering by cutting and remodeling the engine bay. so there u go losers. flame all u want but ur just gonna be sitting ducks there for the moment. how do u think other engines were swapped and how turbos were done for other cars? by trial and error, something u guys arent man enough to do. instead all u do is b|tch![hr]

your a angry person, I give you a
Old 07-10-2002
Support your local 81

[hr]Originally posted by: Grey
ok so mr moderator decided to lock up the thread for whatever reason. but anyways, otep12 was there, u guys can hit him up to ask about what he saw as well. illwill said, he didn't want otep12 to take any pictures. he wanted it confidential until july 7th. really sorry guys, but i proved to one person so far and probably all of u on july 7th. this turbo is well and working. visual results and ET's are due on july 7th. by the way, the turbo is going to be for sale. its 1300US for the first few buyers, then most likely 1500US for the rest.[hr]
So yeah, it's July 9th now. Where are the "visual results"? Where are the "ET's"?

Why not answer some of these questions?

- What kind of turbo does ILLWILL have?
- How did you make the turbo manifold?
- How did you make the charge pipes?
- Do you use a blow off valve?
- Where did you locate the intake?
- What kind of filter do you use?
- Does the engine overheat now?
- Why did otep12 see smoke?
- Did you protect anything from the heat of the turbo?
- Any fuel system upgrades?
- How did you monitor detonation when increasing the psi?
- Do you run a higher octane gas now?
- How tight a fit was that turbo?
- What psi are you running again?
- Any monitoring guages installed?
- How do you feed oil to the turbo?[hr]
You will never get those questions anwered because there is no turbo [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-10-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I guess I will throw in my $0.02 as well.

We all know that the Aftermarket for the 7thGen is progressing. Not fast enough for some, me included but hey its comming and as time goes on it will get better because our cars are selling more and more.

The "custom" turbo would take someone with alot of time, knowledge, money, and *****. So for anyone out there doing it, Props to you. I think we should give the guy the bennifit of the doubt, but Grey is right and he should answer a few of those questions for us just so we know its the real thing, as wel all know this is the internet age and not eveything we see and hear is real.

For the price tag of $1300 USD I would buy one in a heart beat, but like most people on the site I work hard for my money and devote quite abit to my car and should save more but I dont. So if I was to shell out the money, mind you I am in Canada too so with exchange its even more, then I would want to know I was getting my moneys worth before commiting.

With any luck he will come through for us and will make a good haul at the same time.

Good Luck Guys.
Old 07-11-2002
Registered!!

happynappy82 is an unknown quantity at this point
The whole PIC's contreversy is funny. i cant wait to see it though. I've been waiting for july 7 and that has come and gone with no new posts ON THE TURBO!!!! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!

MY SH!AT
Old 07-11-2002
Registered!!

Civey is an unknown quantity at this point
It doesnt seem like IllWill is going to be able to show his face around here for a long time.
Old 07-11-2002
Registered!!

civicdeveloper is an unknown quantity at this point
let's face it, right now there is no turbo. this kid is bs! just some teenage punk.
Old 07-11-2002
Support your local 81

[hr]Originally posted by: Civey
It doesnt seem like IllWill is going to be able to show his face around here for a long time.[hr]
he should hang his head in shame....i hate people who dont back the turbo pics up thing.
Old 07-11-2002
Registered!!

Civey is an unknown quantity at this point
to Illwills dream we drink....[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-11-2002
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
We just intsalled a turbo on a B18C powered 4G, try that for a tight fit.

Ill answer some of these, I suggest you research more on turbos Grey.

- What kind of turbo does ILLWILL have? Probably a garrett, dont know the trims.
- How did you make the turbo manifold? Most turbo shops could fabricate one.
- How did you make the charge pipes? Easy, you weld 2 1/2" aluminum piping.
- Do you use a blow off valve? Well of course, or you have compressor surge.
- Where did you locate the intake? Who cares? Its probably were the AEM SRI is located.
- What kind of filter do you use? Who cares? Their all the same.
- Does the engine overheat now? Why would it, the cooling system for the 7th gen is quite large.
- Why did otep12 see smoke? Running rich?
- Did you protect anything from the heat of the turbo? Probably a standard heat shield.
- Any fuel system upgrades? I wanna know that too!
- How did you monitor detonation when increasing the psi? I hope your knock sensor does that, not your ears, you cant hear detonation @ WOT.
- Do you run a higher octane gas now? Of course.
- How tight a fit was that turbo? I bet very tight.
- What psi are you running again? Probably no more than 7
- Any monitoring guages installed? Better be.
- How do you feed oil to the turbo? From a custom tapped hole in the oil pan, again very easy procedure.

Hope this helps[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-11-2002
Registered!!

DC5@EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought it was pretty funny when i called the people at anyturbo.com and I was asking them some questions. I first started off by asking them how they solved the fuel system problem. He told me that there is no problem at all with the fuel system. Thats funny because what i have heard from many sources is that the fuel system doesnt pump out and the injectors are just too weak to satisfy a turbo and to the fact that the d17 engine is cant handle no more than 3 psi's of boost, but the guy at anyturbo.com told me that you can run any boost you want to if you build your engine up right, which is true, but I severely doubt anyone who has $10,000 to spend on the d17 engine alone to handle a 10 psi boost that he was talking about, but I could be wrong because I am no mechanic by any means. But what really gets me is when I asked Gude that why dont they do a turbo kit for the 7th gens, and they told me that the engine was too weak and wouldnt go into anymore. Nothing but games with turbos. I think once Im done and all settled with my head package and body kit that will be it for a while.
Old 07-11-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
[hr]Originally posted by: black2k1vtec
We just intsalled a turbo on a B18C powered 4G, try that for a tight fit.

Ill answer some of these, I suggest you research more on turbos Grey.[hr]
Haha, that's funny. I was asking these questions because I wanted to know if they knew the answers to any of them. I know the answers to all of these questions myself. Tons of research, that's how. Let me clarify...

- What kind of turbo does ILLWILL have? Probably a garrett, dont know the trims.
Actually, he said that it wasn't a Garrett. He said that he will sell the kit for $1,600 with a Garrett turbo though.

- How did you make the turbo manifold? Most turbo shops could fabricate one.
Yeah, or you can use one for a D16 block. You could also buy a welder (about $200) and make one yourself. With our four cylinder design a dual scroll turbo would be nice. That would increase the turbo's efficiency, so you could run a smaller turbo. A smaller turbo means achieving boost at lower rpm's. That in turn translates to lower ET's. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

- How did you make the charge pipes? Easy, you weld 2 1/2" aluminum piping.
Yeah, but it's hard to weld aluminum. Easier solition is to use pipe couplings which you can buy from a hardware store. Just make sure to get ones that can withstands higher temperatures. Then buy aluminum pipes, straight and curved. Measure, cut, and couple. Easy.

- Do you use a blow off valve? Well of course, or you have compressor surge.
To prevent spanking your turbo you should have a BOV. However, some people don't buy them when running low boost levels for their particular turbo. Anyway, duh!

- Where did you locate the intake? Who cares? Its probably were the AEM SRI is located.
Um... No, that would be where the charge pipes are located. Did you see HKS's turbo? It's nothing like an AEM SRI. Plus, I would locate it lower to act like a CAI.

- What kind of filter do you use? Who cares? Their all the same.
No they're not. K&N is the best hands down. Air flow capacity is also important. The larger the better for future boost increases. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

- Does the engine overheat now? Why would it, the cooling system for the 7th gen is quite large.
You're adding compressed air into the engine and you're adding more fuel. Compressed air in and of itself contains more heat. Running it through a hot turbo makes it even hotter. Adding more fuel makes a hotter bang. This hotter bang in turn makes the turbo hotter. There is more heat in the system. The temperature of the engine will go up. I would add an oil cooler to cool the oil and prevent it from breaking down prematurely (i.e. no frequent oil changes). I would also use Redline's Water Wetter in your radiator fluid to lower the temperatures.

- Why did otep12 see smoke? Running rich?
Rich? I doubt he made upgrades to his fuel system. I thnk he's running lean. He probablt fried his head gasket or his exhaust gasket. Maybe he reused his original? Anyway, just speculation...

- Did you protect anything from the heat of the turbo? Probably a standard heat shield.
Yeah, or thermal wrap. I would use thermal wrap on the turbo, some heat insulation on the wires. Also, a heat shield on the down pipes.

- Any fuel system upgrades? I wanna know that too!
Maybe extra injectors? Maybe a new fuel pump? Maybe another fuel pump? Maybe a new fuel rail? Maybe a seperate FMU? Who knows...

- How did you monitor detonation when increasing the psi? I hope your knock sensor does that, not your ears, you cant hear detonation @ WOT.
I was thinking of an A/F guage or a wideband A/F meter.

- Do you run a higher octane gas now? Of course.
You don't need to, but it helps. The higher the octane the lower the probability of detonation. Since there's extra heat in the combustion chamber the probability of detonation goes up. Finding the optimal octane for a particular setup is what you should do. Why waste money and buy the best, when the regular will suffice? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

- How tight a fit was that turbo? I bet very tight.
Depends what size turbo they have in there. I know that a T3 will fit. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

- What psi are you running again? Probably no more than 7
Without fuel system upgrades about 3-5. With a fuel system upgrade about 5-7. With upgraded internals 7-9. As long as you don't go over 14:1 compression. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] After that you'll need a thicker head gasket and better head fasteners (here's hoping that ARP comes out with something).

- Any monitoring guages installed? Better be.
I'de like an A/F guage, an oil temp guage, and a boost guage. Although I'de probably have an oil temp, oil pressure, A/F ratio, and a boost controller. Well, a turbo timer would be nice too. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

- How do you feed oil to the turbo? From a custom tapped hole in the oil pan, again very easy procedure.
Yeah, or you can change out the oil pan when they come out with one. Morosso! Hear my plea! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] Tapping the stock oil pan isn't that easy actually. You have to take off the oil pan and drill a hole and then tap it. Plus you need the proper hardware. I would use copper washers to make a good seal. Copper washers from both sides and jam nuts from both sides. The hole itself would be plugged up by a bouble threaded pipe of the right length. I would prefer weldd though.

Ha, take that! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Quick Reply: ILLWILL'S Turbo?!?!?