Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

alarm thread again...messed up first try

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SilverCivic2K1 is an unknown quantity at this point
alarm....

I just got a "Aladin" alarm installed. It is one of the expensive alarms like Viper. It pages me when the alarm is triggered and shows me what area of the car was triggered on a little display. I can also start my car with it, which is the best thing about it. I paid $700 for it. Does anyone else have something like this or the same thing? I would like to know the different prices to see if I paid too much or if it wasnt that bad for all that I got. ....oh yea, it came with dual shock sensors, and its a remote start on a manual transmission.
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

EEdoza is an unknown quantity at this point
dude, u can get a remote starter on a manual??? i didnt know that. i think im gonna get one now.
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

SilverCivic2K1 is an unknown quantity at this point
EEdoza- You cant just go anywhere and get the remote start on a manuel. You have to find a place that will do it illegally. There are federal laws against it because they think you will leave it in gear and start it on accident. And if a small child happened to be in front of your car at that time, they would be easily killed. ...well thats how the ppl at mobile one explained it to me. But the place that did mine charged an extra $100 to do it because they did it the right way. They installed 4 triggers to the remote start. One trigger to the parking brake, one to the floor brake, one to the cluctch, and one to something else that i forgot. They did all this so that ....you know how in the manual trans civic, you have to press the clutch pedal to start the car, ....well, they changed it so that you have to have the parking break up to start. SO, now if I happen to leave it in gear, with the parking break up, ..and remote start it, it wont move but about less than one foot. I believe it is completely safe, and i almost always put it in neutral with the parking brake up.
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude, you got totally ripped on that deal. I bought my AX-2000 system for 180 bucks shipped, and made it a 2 night project with my dad to install ourselves. Civics are one of the easiest vehicles to isntall an alarm system on and this one was on different. its like 15 wire hookup for all alarm/starter/keyless entry fuctions to work. I would say that overall was about a 5 hour job start to finish and most of that time was spent second guessing myself that i was sure it was the right wire. Also, dont be dissapointed if you dont get nearly as much range on teh remote as you first suspect. The onyl way your getting that mile range is on level ground in a HUGE field, and you can still make visual contact with your car. in a mall, dont expect much more than a few hundred feet past the entrance if that much from all teh intereference. Other than that you got a really great system, I have never had any probelms with mine. Yes, this can be run on a manual vehicle, there is a negative loop signal wire you tap into your brake pedal switch that fools your car to think you are pressing the brake down when it starts the car. that is also the same wire they run to a transponder box that sends the immobilizer signal to the ignition coil at teh power-up. If you want any more info jsut e-mail me, like i said, I installed this system myself, along with everything else except for my catback exhaust because i just couldnt get under my car safely to do it, and the tuner shop only charged me like 45 bucks to do it anyways so i went there.
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

vipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: EEdoza
dude, u can get a remote starter on a manual??? i didnt know that. i think im gonna get one now.[hr]

You can get remote start on anything as long as you can find someone that is willing to do it. I installed mine and my friends and we both have manual trans. I used 2 mercury switches on the shifter to prevent you from starting the car in gear. It wasn't difficult just very time consuming.
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

sham01ski is an unknown quantity at this point
hey omega, well I was interested in doing an alarm myself.. do you have to get a part to lock a key into so you can use the remote start? Also are u in the ny/nj area? do you wanna possibly install it? or else can you give me detailed instructions maybe a DIY on how to install the alarm.. did you cut any wires or did you just tap into all of them.. thanks sorry to be a pain in the ***
shamik
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

sham01ski is an unknown quantity at this point
omega can you please email me at Sham01ski@aol.com or shamik_p@hotmail.com
thanks

sham01ski