OEM "Style" Fog Lights - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products
Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2002   #1
The dog told me to do it

Explosivo is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM "Style" Fog Lights

First, I want to tell 7thgenners to beware the OEM "STYLE" Fog Lights on eBay. I thought I would save 50-60 bucks and bought these from ebay instead of genuine OEM. Cosmetically, the light housing and trim looks identical to the OEM. However, the parts list is significantly different. I did not get the light template which is needed to trace the area to be cut on the bumper for light placement. I also did not receive the complete set of ties, bolts and screws that are neccessary w/ the OEM Kit to safely secure the harness, grounds, etc. Second the instructions are horrendous. I received a 2-page 4 step instruction book that was severely lacking. The illustrations were incomprehensible and the verbage was not more than 4 sentences. If I hadn't downloaded the OEM instructions (15 pages) from handaaccessories.com, I would not be able to install this.

Second, if ANYONE has the original templates from the OEM Fog Kit, I would gladly pay you to give me a copy. Just email me and let me know. THANKS!!!!!!!
Explosivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002   #2
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
doesn't the oem kit come with replacement surroundings and not just a template to cut out your existing one?
VNlilMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002   #3
The dog told me to do it

Yeah, they both have the surrounding housing. But if you take a look at the area on the bumper where the lights go in, that plastic needs to be removed. Any cuts you make are hidden by the fog light housing. So without the templates, I may end up cutting more than I need. Don't want that now....
Old 06-05-2002   #4
Registered!!

mullinad is on a distinguished road
thanks man - I was this {} close to bidding on those... too bad . i cant see myself handing 300 bones over to the dealer for the lights and install....
mullinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002   #5
The dog told me to do it

Hey Mullinad... I'll let you go when I install them. I went throught the OEM Instructions, and I think I can get away with a few $ in extra parts from Discount Auto... It might still be worth it to you...
Old 06-05-2002   #6
Registered!!

Exbauer is an unknown quantity at this point
I installed them with the crappy instructions that they came with. I had no problems. There is a lot of room for error when cutting. Just start cutting a little and fit them. Eventually you will get it right. I know what you mean about the instructions.
Exbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002   #7
Registered!!

Exbauer is an unknown quantity at this point
Also, if you buy them direct off their website it is cheaper. I think it is $134 shipped and you do not have to wait and bid.
Exbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002   #8
Registered!!

mullinad is on a distinguished road
i just dont think i would be too comfortable cutting something on my car... but if you did it with crappy instructions, maybe i could too, and save money on installation...
mullinad is offline   Reply With Quote