Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Is the prokit low enough???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicLX620 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the prokit low enough???

I just bought 17's with 215/45 tires and I am gonna lower it. Well I will most like buy eibachs but I dont know if .8'' is low enough. I dont wanna go beyond 1.5'' but I want it to look good. What do you guys think???

Thanks Guys
Joel
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
I just lowered my car with the prokit last night. It took about 4 hours, good thing I had access to air tools, otherwise it would have taken a lot longer! Anyways, I think it looks good, I couldnt see lowering it any more. Once I get my body kit put on there will be like hardly any ground clearance. I have 205/40/17's and with the prokit I get like 2 fingers in the front and 3 fingers in the back. I kept my stock struts for now and I think the ride improved compared to the stock springs.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
coilovers will solve all of your problems. Then you can set the car where you want it. And, if you decide to get bigger, or smaller rimes later on, then you can still adjust your car for that perfect look. But with springs to get that look, you would have to by a new set. Seems like a waste to me. I have 205-40-17's on my car, i have my car lowered to about where i can stick 1 finger in the front, and in the back. I think it looks sick. I have the NEX coilovers. "Take your suspension to the NEX level!"
Peace~
Old 05-28-2002
Nj
Registered!!

Nj is an unknown quantity at this point
i just want to know why you guys want to drop them so low to the ground? how are you going to get over speed bumps and driveways that sort of scoop up in the front?
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
The amount that i have lowered my car i think is perfect. The looks are amazing, or atleast thats the impression i get from everyone lookin at my car, and tellin me in person how good it looks; but also, it performs like a sports car. I have said many times before that i have made my friend with the 2000 Prelude very angry at me, cause my car can easily out handle his car. Im not sayin drop it so its like less than an inch away fromt he ground cause it will give better performance, but there is a certain level to where you should drop your car for optimal performance, and i feel that im right in there.
Speed bumps? Not a big deal here, there are a few around where i go, i just slowly roll over them at an angle and i dont scrape at all. Mind you, when i get a body kit, i will have to rethink my choice of route to certain places, but once again there arent that many where i go. Driveways, same thing, i dont have many, if any friend that have a "difficult" driveway. If they do have one, just park it on the street.
Personally, i love the look of a car that hovers over the ground (i.e.- Lamborghini, Ferrari, slammed import). I think it looks smooth. Just my thoughts though.
Peace~
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

GreenVenom is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the prokit and 18's and i think it looks great!!! wish the ride was a better one like when i bought the car but hey price you pay to look good!!! but wait i think there's that guy with those struts that i might look into getting if they post and good reviews!!!!!
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point

<< i just want to know why you guys want to drop them so low to the ground? how are you going to get over speed bumps and driveways that sort of scoop up in the front? >>

Most everyone does it because looks are the major concern and speedbumps, driveways, potholes, and ride composure are unimportant.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

bake is an unknown quantity at this point
if your goin to put a kit on i would stick with the prokit, but if no kit you could get the eibach sportlines or neuspeed (race maybe), i love how the sportlines look but i think i would tear the underside of my car up with um and especially with a kit on, personally i just don't like coilovers i think they make a bumpy ride
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

plastic is an unknown quantity at this point
i have both the prokits and sportlines. if i were u, i'd go wit sportlines .. not too low and not too high. they both pretty much ride the same to me.. the sportlines are just a tad bit bouncier, but it won't kill ya.. thats why i got rid of the prokits-looks almost like stock height.
Old 05-29-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
I have ProKit and Koni's. With the OEM body kit, the height is just right. I've had no problems with driveways cause the suspension is tight enough the car doesn't bounce when you hit the dip by the street. The ride is just right with no bounces and handling is great. Last weekend I was in mountains in Tennesee on curves marked 60 MPH and doing 80 -85 with no effort at all. (When Tennesee marks an interstate at 60MPH, it has to be oretty sharp curves).

Oh yeah, and looks wise, it isn't slammed but people do notice that it is lower. The body kit helps that look too.
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

HippyCivicEX012 is an unknown quantity at this point
If your worried get the B&G full coilover kit like i did and have no worries at all
Old 05-30-2002
Registered!!

sumama is an unknown quantity at this point
Most everyone does it because looks are the major concern and speedbumps, driveways, potholes, and ride composure are unimportant.[/i] >>

I dont think speedbumps are unimportant, but the way your car looks lowered outweighs the hassle that you have to go through slowing down for speedbumps and driveways, etc.