Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Best replacement parts website?

Old 02-04-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sethhugo94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Best replacement parts website?

Tax season is upon us, I am looking to take care of much needed repairs to my 2002 Honda Civic EX, Coupe, Manual trans.

I recently used hondapartsnow.com, I had good luck so far with there factor parts. To keep your answer simple, should I just stick with getting everything I need from them or is there somebody else that y'all use?

These are the parts I am needing:

SRS UNIT AND BOTH FRONT SEAT BELT TENSIONERS!
AC receiver
ALL 4 motor/tranny mounts
Ball joints
Front lower forward control arm bushings
Front driver side shock absorber
Rear camber adjuster (SPC Products)
rear sway bar links
lower timing belt cover

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-04-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best replacement parts website?

Sites I've used with good experiences

Hondaautomotiveparts.com (based out of RI)
Hondapartsunlimited.com (based out of AZ)
hondapartscheap.com (Based out of CA)

Often times, Hondapartsunlimited has given me the best prices after shipping, and usually rather quick, too. Then again, I'm 1 state away, so theres that.

Too bad you didnt post up a month or 2 so. I was semi parting out my dead 2002 ex coupe
Old 02-04-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

I choose them based on distance from me. Faster delivery

So best depends where you are .
Old 02-04-2018
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

HPN is good, Majestic as well.

Love parts to your door..... Even antifreeze.
Old 02-04-2018
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I've also had decent luck with my local steal--dealership. Half the time, they'll be like, "****... You know about Majestic (hondaautomotiveparts.com).. Um.. *gives me $5 more than overnight delivery cost from Majestic*"

If I need a part like, yesterday, I'll take that offer, provided they have it in stock at the moment
Old 03-02-2018
Registered!!

g4384063 is an unknown quantity at this point

Over the yeas, I've been going to the certified Honda dealer, where I bought my 96 civic ex new, to get Honda OEM replacement parts. The "For you" price has been 15% off full retail. TBH, until recently, I have not needed many parts, per purchase, other than for ongoing maintenance, so local dealer was typically worth it, especially once shipping is added in, from elsewhere. Tried to get them to price match Majestic's 33% off retail, but they said "what about shipping?"... new "For you" price is 23% off retail.

Speaking of Majestic (hondaautomotiveparts.com), in my current Honda OEM parts search, I've read good things them but have never used them. Now, I have a large order to place, so I thought I'd try them. I called 2x prior, to confirm, whether or not they price match other certified Honda dealers online prices and both times their rep said "yes". The 2nd one gave very specific step-by-step instructions on how to get price match via a credit back to card, after I purchase, at full price, by emailing support with order #, part # and link to lower price, which was not a quick task.

I placed order, at full price and emailed support, as instructed, for price match. The next day, I got an email from the 2nd rep stating he was sorry but he made a mistake and Majestic does NOT price match. I replied that he was the 2nd rep to confirm "yes" and asked, if Majestic would honor their word and he said "sorry, no" but offered $25 off to compensate for mistake, which was about half the savings of a price match.

That said, Majestic was very close, if not the lowest price on many parts and they're the only certified Honda dealer, I found, who claims to provide pre-paid return shipping label, to return "cores" for credit, upon request. I wrote "claim" because I confirmed over the phone with rep, just like I did about price match, and have not used them...YMMV.

I've also seen great prices at:
bernardiparts.com (based out of MA)
hondapartsnow.com (based out of CA)
FWIW, HPN is NOT a certified Honda dealer but rather a 3rd party "supplier for brand new Genuine Honda parts at substantial discounted prices. All orders are packaged and shipped out by our region-based Authorized Honda dealers".

Last edited by g4384063; 03-02-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-09-2018
Registered!!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
D17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the roughD17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the roughD17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the rough

I’ve had great luck with Amazon and Majestic Honda. eBay can be great too, but you have to be careful.
Old 03-09-2018
Registered!!

I use Amazon A LOT, in general but not much for parts. That said, I did buy a couple OEM gaskets, from different suppliers with mixed reviews. As for Majestic, something, I learned about them, after I registered an account with them online and had a large order, in my shopping cart but stepped away from computer, for a while. Later in the day, I got the following email from them with the subject "Did you forget about your parts!? - Honda Automotive Parts...

Hey Valued Customer, We noticed you left items in your shopping cart on Honda Automotive Parts. We'd love to offer you half off shipping on your order when you spend $50 or more! You can check out using the link below, and enter promo code SHIP50 to save.".

The email listed my entire shopping cart and said "Click here to check out" with a link "Click here to head back to your cart!", which I followed, to my cart with all my items in it. I noticed the 50% off shipping was automatically applied, so I didn't have to enter the promo code SHIP50. FWIW, there was no way to save cart, in my account, so this was a win-win, for me!
Saved $28.47 on shipping!
Old 03-09-2018
Administrator
Administrator

Freakin really? I leave stuff in my cart all the time and they never offered me discounts on shipping. Lol, don't mind me, I'm just super jealous.
Old 03-10-2018
Registered!!

Yeppers, I was pleasantly surprised, too!! It may have only happened after I registered the account online and/or after I added over the $50 threshold in email. I'm not sure, if promo code SHIP50 works without using the link, from email, or not but FWIW, I could've saved a lot more, dollar wise, if I had chosen faster than standard delivery.
Old 03-10-2018
Administrator
Administrator

I tested it. It does work.
Old 03-25-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I tested it. It does work.
The more you know!
Did you have to register an account, first?

FWIW, in my experience with Majestic, I believe using the 1/2 off shipping promo code made them not honor their word on price match like they told me, over the phone, previously. Also, support email correspondence is often neither replied to within a continuous thread nor signed by rep. Next test will be, requesting pre-paid return shipping label to return core for credit, as directed by rep over phone, prior to purchase. We shall see!
Old 03-26-2018
Administrator
Administrator

I've had an account with them forever. Been ordering from that site for.. 6-8 years now? something like that.