Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

06 EX Motor Mounts & eStore Honda

Old 05-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about
06 EX Motor Mounts & eStore Honda

I did some research on motor mounts for my 06 EX, a co-worker told me about a on line source called eStore Honda which sells Honda parts at a lower price than the dealerships. I spoke to my independent Honda / Accura Mechanic who said that usually the number 9 and number 6 mounts are the ones that go bad, reference the attached illustration. Comments regarding experience with motor mounts and this part source are welcome.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
06 Civix Motor Mounts.pdf (222.9 KB, 66 views)
Old 05-10-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 06 EX Motor Mounts & eStore Honda

#6 is the one I replace all the time.
The only one.
There's even a TSB for just that #6.

Ripsaw had to replace (I think) #10 on his, and I really hadn't seen that one bad before.

#9 has to be removed to reach #6, and if it is torn you'll be able to see it when you take it out. You can do that now and check it out before you order anything. (I bet it is fine)

estore.....connects you to your local dealers, you don't get discount if they aren't offering any. Search on the internet for Honda dealers that sell at wholesale prices.

majestic honda (the one I usually use for parts catalog pics)
hondapartscheap
hondapartsnow
bernardi honda
bill kay honda
college hills honda
and more

There are a bunch of dealers selling genuine parts cheap online. Watch out for shipping fees.
Old 01-19-2018
Registered!!

06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about

This subject revisited. Back in June of 2016 I had the #6 P/N 50820-SNA-P01 replaced this solved the problem. I think the #10 P/N 50890-SNA-A82 is bad and maybe the #6 again. It makes an awful LOUD racket until the engine warms up, especially with the recent lows in the teens. There is a new rattle noise from the glove box area. I admit it I trash on the car (hey it's fun!), but maintain it well. As I only have 80K miles on it and it still runs strong, I would like to keep it another 4 - 5 years. Should I replace all 4 mounts to be safe, are there more heavy duty mounts available that you would recommend? Reference my previous attached PDF file.
Old 01-19-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maverickfhs is an unknown quantity at this point

I was another who was told by inspection place, I needed #10, although it was perfectly fine.

If you have any pick a pull place, grab all mounts from there for cheap.

I would listen to EZ
Old 01-20-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

and maybe the #6 again. It makes an awful LOUD
Has it collapsed?

See post #11 in this thread: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...erse-gear.html
Old 01-20-2018
Registered!!

Yes it is definitely < 1 cm and cracked. Main question answered, thanks. Reving on redline has is costs, fun is never cheap. I could tolerate some more vibration, for a heavy duty mount such as a poly urethane mount if available that would hopefully last longer. The 2nd #6 OEM p/n 50820-SNA-P01 mount only lasted about a year and a half. Does anyone have any experience, recommendations regarding this?
Old 01-21-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

or make your own

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-bushings.html
Old 01-22-2018
Registered!!

Actually thought of saving the damaged one when it is replaced, then see if I could replace the 1cm thick weak rubber with some denser polyurethane attached maybe by some epoxy.
2/2/18 had the #6 (reference attached PDF) motor mount replaced ... Wow Major difference it sounded like Street Outlaws minus the power, before the change, now it's smooth and quite. Now if I just keep my right foot off the floor the new mount might last longer. I did keep the old mount the center cone shaped section seems like the new, but the edge was mashed paper thin. I will save this and experiment with adding some thicker slightly more rigid rubber for the next change out, this is the definite weak link.

Last edited by 06 EX Mild Mods; 02-02-2018 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Added content