Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Are they worth it????

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ce01cvcex is an unknown quantity at this point
Are they worth it????

i was just wondering, are the wheel locks actually worth the money and hassle? i know that if i bought them, then i'd probably have to have a diff key for each tire. or can you get them keyed alike like house door locks? just wondering. thanx
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

01civic911 is an unknown quantity at this point
they come in sets of four if bought from honda, all are the same pattern, but every set of four has a different pattern. i had my wheels stolen off my 99 and once i got the wheel locks, i have never had a problem, a fairly inexpensive insurance for your tires if you ask me.
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

JDog2001CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to work at Discount Tire Company, we sold wheel locks to almost everybody with aftermarket rims.

I only have on ething to say if somebody wants your rims, they are coming off. No wheel lock is fool-proof, some are easier than the regular tuner lugs.

I don't think it matters either way, wether you have them or not, if somebody wants your rims, they are going to take them. PERIOD.

Joe
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

CIVICTypeRookie is an unknown quantity at this point
just get em insured. It cost me a whopping $4 extra every six months to have my 18's
covered by my insurance, all I had to do was flash the receipt and the full amount I paid is
covered ($1300). Like JDOG says, if somebody wants your rims theyre gonna take them.
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

2Hondaz is an unknown quantity at this point
No sense it making it easy for them by not having wheel locks. Just try to make it as difficult as possible. I have locks, and my car is low as hell...Most jacks won't fit underneath. I say it's worth $20 to help secure your $1000+ investment.
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point

<< i was just wondering, are the wheel locks actually worth the money and hassle? i know that if i bought them, then i'd probably have to have a diff key for each tire. or can you get them keyed alike like house door locks? just wondering. thanx >>

They come in a set of four, in which you use one for each wheel with the ordinary lugs.. all for of theym use the same keyed socket[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

SpacemanBob is an unknown quantity at this point
This is the same issue as "The Club" type products.... If someone REALLY wants your car, wheels, jewelry in your house, etc., they WILL get it. The issue is, are they looking for YOUR car, or A car. If it's YOUR car, you're just screwed. If it's just A car, then making YOUR car/wheels harder to steal will make them pick a different (easier) target.
Old 05-14-2002
Sekz God

NoToRiOuSxPiNoY is an unknown quantity at this point
sigh.. wheels locks just delay the crime. Trust me... i used to do it for a living. but i had ways of gettin by w/ any lock.
Old 05-14-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Some will take them anyway, some won't. If you deter the guys that are in a hurry you may save your wheels and save whatever damage a thief would do jacking up your car.

Like if somebody want's the whole car, they can put it on a truck and carry it away, but a casual thief won't.
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

ce01cvcex is an unknown quantity at this point
thanx for the info. i am still wondering about one thing though. is there anyway to get locks for every lug and only have one key? i'd prefer to have them where it would take as much time as possible to steal them, and as for them having to jack my car up to steal my rims, then the alarm would go off because i have it wired where the if the shocks depress or lengthen while the alarm is armed, it goes off. and the alarm also has a pager hooked up to it that way i'll know when it goes off. i know it's not foolproof but its pretty good that way.
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

GeNoZiDe is an unknown quantity at this point
are you crazy?!?! no wheel locks on your rimz??!
where i live thats a no no LOL
my rimz would be gone in 5 seconds
least the wheel locks deter people or atleast slow them down quite a bit
unless there a pro they cant really get em off [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]