Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Replacing the Strut Assembly: what are some reasonable product choices

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mufasa5446 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Replacing the Strut Assembly: what are some reasonable product choices

So, I was going to just do it at Les Schwab, so I had them write me up the prices and products.

Looked up the prices online, and of course the parts are much cheaper if I just buy them.

That got me thinking, should I even use the parts that they would put on there, as they are the cheapest parts.

I don't have a fancy ride, but drive cross country and need reliability and appreciate the smooth ride. I also drive on steep, gravel, forest service roads and tricky areas often. I'm not looking to lower or raise my car, just want something dependable, enduring, and smooth.

Many of the options focus on sport/speed and looks. I'm not looking to spend a butt-load of money, but I'm not sure the cheapest is going to fit my needs.

Will it? Should I go for the cheapest (and have a reliable mechanic install them, not Les Schwab)?

Thanks,

Jonathan
Old 02-03-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replacing the Strut Assembly: what are some reasonable product choices

OE is reliable enough?

May not be the cheapest but you already know how they will ride and how long they last.
Some last a damn long time, some can outlast the cars they are bolted to.

Are yours actually bad? Leaking? Excessive bounce? Noisy/clunks?