Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

how to do cosmetic modifications (2009 honda civic 2dr coupe)

Old 08-30-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kenh303 is an unknown quantity at this point
how to do cosmetic modifications (2009 honda civic 2dr coupe)

Hi guys im looking forward to do some cosmetic modifications on my car soon but i am extremely clueless about car parts.
I'm looking for something like this:

and here are some questions i have;
1. it seems like the body is alot lowered. do i just get smaller wheels for that?
2. what do you call those black protectors behind each wheels (also the one on the front bumper) ?
3. do i buy parts off the internet or are there cheap auto part stores out there?
4. what are the best sites to use for ordering parts?

Thank you.
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: how to do cosmetic modifications (2009 honda civic 2dr coupe)

can't tell if serious or another troll ???
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

i know this probably sounds extremely stupid for you but i wasnt trolling when i said i don't know jack sht about cars
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

Fliptard will become famous soon enoughFliptard will become famous soon enough

to lower you need a lowering suspension. either springs or coilovers.

Front and rear lips, and mudguards.

jhpusa.com
passwordjdm.com
BWRusa.com

try to avoid ebay, unless you research who the seller is and get good reviews
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Fliptard
to lower you need a lowering suspension. either springs or coilovers.

Front and rear lips, and mudguards.

jhpusa.com
passwordjdm.com
BWRusa.com

try to avoid ebay, unless you research who the seller is and get good reviews
thank you very much. when i lower the suspension do i have to use smaller wheels?
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

Fliptard will become famous soon enoughFliptard will become famous soon enough

no, depending on how far the car is dropped, your going to need camber adjustments and make sure to get a 4 wheel alignment.

Camber will NOT wear your tires, at least not very fast, it's the toe that always eats the inside of the tires. Unless your "
hellaflushed"
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ahh ok its hard to tell if people are trolling these days no offence intended but anyway yes that car is definitely lowered not just on smaller wheels. if im correct 8th gen civics use 16 17 inch wheels correct ??? so usings smaller wheels and tires will actually lower the car but it won't look rite unless the suspension is lowered also. the front lip looks to be aftermarket im not sure but there are tons of different lips,side skirts and rear lips to choose from. also those black protectors are called mud guards. that car also has rain guards on the side windows and a rear window visor weathertech makes the rain guards the rear you can find on ebay. it also has hood spacers to raise the hood slightly. hood spacers supposedly reduce engine temperature but most people use them for aesthetic purposes.

Last edited by lowlife9; 08-31-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
ahh ok its hard to tell if people are trolling these days no offence intended but anyway yes that car is definitely lowered not just on smaller wheels. if im correct 8th gen civics use 16 17 inch wheels correct ??? so usings smaller wheels and tires will actually lower the car but it won't look rite unless the suspension is lowered also. the front lip looks to be aftermarket im not sure but there are tons of different lips,side skirts and rear lips to choose from. also those black protectors are called mud guards. that car also has rain guards on the side windows and a rear window visor weathertech makes the rain guards the rear you can find on ebay. it also has hood spacers to raise the hood slightly. hood spacers supposedly reduce engine temperature but most people use them for aesthetic purposes.
no problem and thanks for pointing out all the aftermarket parts on the car. if i have a stock model how much do you think its gonna cost to install/adjust/change/ everything? (i plan to go to a professional for it with all the parts ready)
Old 09-01-2013
Registered!!

it depends if you plan on lowering the suspension thats where the real money is and if you intend on going the cheap route how much money are you willing to spend ???
Old 09-01-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
it depends if you plan on lowering the suspension thats where the real money is and if you intend on going the cheap route how much money are you willing to spend ???
i dont have a limit for now. if its out of my budget i do plan to save up a little longer.
Old 09-01-2013
Registered!!

rustycivic is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kenh303
i dont have a limit for now. if its out of my budget i do plan to save up a little longer.
Sad most people don't follow this principle. Looks like you have the right mindset, you just need to do some research, and learn some things.

1. it seems like the body is alot lowered. do i just get smaller wheels for that?
2. what do you call those black protectors behind each wheels (also the one on the front bumper) ?
3. do i buy parts off the internet or are there cheap auto part stores out there?

In response to your original post:

1. You will need to swap out the suspension. Either lowering springs and aftermarket shocks, or coilovers. And, when most people lower the car, they actually get bigger and wider wheels, with a lower profile tire. So overall, the outer diameter stays the same, but the wheel gets larger and the tire smaller. For example, my OEM wheels were 14x5 with 185/65/14 tires. My new wheels are 16x7 with 205/45/16 tires. A wider wheel allows you to run a bigger, stiffer tire, which improves handling.
2. Mudflaps. Since its a newer Civic, you should still be able to find these brand new. Dealerships probably still have them.
3. For the most part, I buy over the internet. There are shops that sell parts, but you can generally get things cheaper over the internet.
4. There is no "best" sites. There are many good ones. It all just depends on what you want to buy. Some sites have better suspension deals, while others might have better deals on lips, grills, wings, etc. You kind of just have to search around for the best deal when you want to buy something.
Old 09-01-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by rustycivic
Sad most people don't follow this principle. Looks like you have the right mindset, you just need to do some research, and learn some things.

In response to your original post:

1. You will need to swap out the suspension. Either lowering springs and aftermarket shocks, or coilovers. And, when most people lower the car, they actually get bigger and wider wheels, with a lower profile tire. So overall, the outer diameter stays the same, but the wheel gets larger and the tire smaller. For example, my OEM wheels were 14x5 with 185/65/14 tires. My new wheels are 16x7 with 205/45/16 tires. A wider wheel allows you to run a bigger, stiffer tire, which improves handling.
2. Mudflaps. Since its a newer Civic, you should still be able to find these brand new. Dealerships probably still have them.
3. For the most part, I buy over the internet. There are shops that sell parts, but you can generally get things cheaper over the internet.
4. There is no "best" sites. There are many good ones. It all just depends on what you want to buy. Some sites have better suspension deals, while others might have better deals on lips, grills, wings, etc. You kind of just have to search around for the best deal when you want to buy something.
Thank you, the wheel explanation really clarified things up for me. I do love to do research especially if its something that interests me. I came here to get the basic knowledge for it and i believe i'm all set. Thanks again everyone