Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Auto-RX

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dticalman01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Auto-RX

I have a Honda Civic that has 42,000 miles, but the thing is is that it has gotten considerably slower. I remember not too long ago maybe less than 3 weeks ago, I got an oil add at some crappy place that uses Valvoline oils in big cartons that are probably dirty and tainted with sludge. The oil didn't appear to be fresh and to make it worse it was old 10-30 oil. Anyways....my engine compartment is probably really dirty now..I later drained that oil and did my own oil change with Castrol GTX 5-20w oil... I'm pretty sure, however, there's still a lot of sludge in there cos my car is laggin like a ****. Anyways, I was wondering if Auto-RX is healthy for our cars and if it'll do the trick of getting rid of sludge from our cars..My car lags at every acceleration run at every light and even as I drive my car on the freeway or highway it's kinda slow..jus wondering if Auto-RX will be the solution and if this stuff really works..please let me know.thanks.
Old 10-08-2004
Registered!!

Flashlightboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Dtical,

Yes, it really works and it isn't snake oil. I'm using it in my Explorer right now. I'm changing oil in my EX on Sunday and I'll use a maintenance dose to keep the sludge from forming. One of the neat things about A-RX is that you use it one time (unless your engine is really sludged) and that's it unless you want to run the maintenance dose. You don't have to add this stuff at every oil change like other products.

Assuming that there aren't any mechanical defects, the gradual slowing of your car could very well be the rings being gummed up. A-RX will clean them and remove the rest of the crude from your engine.

At the A-RX site they are running a special for car forum members. It is a good deal and I don't think you'll be dissappointed.

If possible you might want to take some pics into the oil fill hole before running A-RX just so you can see the difference it makes.
Old 10-11-2004
Registered!!

HOOCHYboi is an unknown quantity at this point
What is Auto-RX? Where can you get this stuff???
Old 10-11-2004
Registered!!

4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
i dunno if this will do anything, but i had a considerable decrease in fuel economy and power and ran a product called lucas fuel additive, i bought it at pep boys and it was in a tiny clear bottle with a green cap/label, and it was a yellowish color. about $11. never had a problem since. i was told by a friend that the power loss could be caused by dirty injectors, which may have been caused by a bad oil change. so i dunno if it will work or not.
Old 10-11-2004
deploy,engage,destroy.. to fail is not an option

thrash_273 is an unknown quantity at this point
dude, if you want to solve your problem go to a reliable mechanic, let them do the magic.. your no magician.
Old 10-12-2004
Turbos, Engines, Chassis and Suspension Tech

4drcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do not use any oil additives under the claim that they "enhance oil."

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

You can get AutoRX here:
http://www.auto-rx.com/index.html

Go to www.bobistheoilguy.com, go to forums, and search for AutoRX. It gets pretty rave reviews. AutoRX seems to work excellent for what it was designed to do, I personally have not used it, but many people I know have and have had great results. I would recommend it.

Last edited by 4drcivic2k1; 10-12-2004 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-12-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
yea dont
Old 10-12-2004
Registered!!

Flashlightboy is an unknown quantity at this point
I've read the anti-ARX posts and I'd like to ask these fine people on what basis are they saying it shouldn't be used?

There have been enough snake oils on the market (Slick 50, Prolong, Z Max, Tornado to name a few) but when you have products such as Lucas, Fuel Control and A-RX passing independent lab tests and performing as advertised, then you should ask if the application is appropriate for your car and needs.

AR-X will not fix mechanical problems but if you have sludge and crude that has contaminated the ring pack, seals or causing varnish you really should go to their site and order some. Take a peek in the fill hole and if it isn't sparkling clean you should consider trying it.

They are trying to appeal to car enthusiast forums and will offer a discount to all of us. I certainly can't make you use it but for some applications it is very worthwhile.
Old 08-05-2010
Registered!!

Cleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Auto-RX

I don't know I'm skeptical. Do honda's really develope sludge? I guess the rings and valves could get dirty.
Old 08-05-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

oh yeah they do. our accord was a disaster remember? if you neglect the maintenance, thats what happens. when i first opened the valve cover there were huge chunks of carbon and sludge all over i picked out by hand. used auto-rx for the rest and after 3k miles it almost feels like a new car again. no hesitation, most of the idle issues are gone, and its very smooth and fast. remember this? thats after i picked out the big chunks. this 92 accord engine barely has 95k miles. my 2002 civic with the same mileage has perfectly clean engine thanks to lubecontrol.

honda accord 2.2L

Last edited by gearbox; 08-05-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-05-2010
Registered!!

Cleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, now I remember your accord, thanks for the reminder. But I've taken my head cover off several times and the engine looks very clean. The reason I want to try auto rx is because it's said to clean pistons and valves and therefore increases compression. And I am curious if my oil passage ways are blocked in any way.

Isn't there supposed to be a discount for forum members?
Old 08-05-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i think that was a while back. dont know if they still have that special. but its worth trying on an older engine if you suspect its dirty.
Old 09-09-2013
Registered!!

c3po is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HOOCHYboi
What is Auto-RX? Where can you get this stuff???

3 ARX cycles, didn't do much, bummer..[Re: Trajan]c3po

Loc: MarylandBerryman's B-12?
Frank

Loc: Jacksonville Beach Fl You should try another application of Auto-Rx by your post you "saw" some difference. Go to web site and find engine like your's and read what particular application is suggested. Auto-Rx is
now in Goverment Vehicles & Small Diesel Engines.
That's a demanding customer.

Frank Miller made this post on 12/21/02
Its post# 261957

Quantifying Auto Rx [Re: Gary Allan]
Frank

Loc: Jacksonville Beach Fl I am sorry you were put off by actual fact (getting a patent in the USA for specific applications needs third party collaboration) Spitty you never spent a dime with Auto-Rx so where and how you got product i don,t know what i do know is your hypotheticals are misrepresentation when you start posting your "quantifying" tests about a product not bought from the manufacture.

We just got our first order from the US Federal Goverment, do you know of any other metal cleaner product on this board that can make this statement?

When Auto-Rx pays for testing we have to furnish product, the lab does not borrow it or buy it from somebody else.

Frank Miller made this post on 3/13/08
Its post# 1105185

On 12/21/02 Frank Miller states that arx is now in Government Vehicles.
On 3/13/08 Frank Miller states that he just got his 1st order from the U.S. Federal Government.

Basically, this product is nothing but SNAKEOIL, a snakeoil salesman uses accomplices to push his product since he has no credibility, you can GOOGLE a thread called Paid Posters For Auto-rx and 3 ARX cycles, didn't do much, bummer.

SNAKE OIL IS INTENTIONALLY PROMOTED, FRAUDULENT, or it is bogus, WORTHLESS. Auto-Rx was kicked off as a sponsor on BITOG back in January of 2009, the product is so pathetic that they got rid of there money back guarantee. Now they are saying if you use there product you must go on the maintenance does of auto-rx after you do the application. This snake oil goes for $27.97 a bottle, which is 12 ounces, so 4 ounces for the maintenance dose at each OCI. So, that is over $9.00 every time you change your oil. The product has not been selling much, they changed the name of there product to Auto-Rx Plus. The reason they changed the name was because auto-rx had such a bad reputation, this product is the most expensive oil additive with the least results. The only ones who are claiming that it works are the people that are getting paid and compensated to post about auto-rx.

The owner states that back in 2002 arx is in government vehicles, give me a break, then he claims he got his 1st order back in 2008. This product will not clean up anything in your valvetrain, it will not clean up Varnish or Sludge, it will not stop oil burning or oil leaks. When people have complained to the owner of arx that the product did not work, he will say:

1. You have a mechanical problem
2. You did something wrong
3. Where is your invoice

Every test on the arx site is bogus because the owner of arx controlled the tests by giving people free product to do the tests, when others on BITOG tried to post about there test results with arx they were told not to post there results, there is a thread called Quantifying Auto-Rx, and the OP named Spitty was told not to post his results, good or bad.

1133 people in the U.S.A. have bought auto-rx, and they are all onetime users, the people being paid to post about auto-rx are not even using the product. If the product was really any good then they would not have changed the name of the product and they would still be a sponsor on BITOG. If this product were really any good it would be sold in auto-parts stores. This product is made up of 3 esters, one of the being Lanolin, esters do not clean up Sludge and Varnish. There is a thread called, ARX & Aluminum Engines, and the owner of auto-rx knew back in SEPTEMBER OF 2003 that his product did not work with ALUMINUM ENGINES. Most cars today have aluminum cylinder heads and aluminum blocks, if you have a cast iron engine block with cast iron cylinder heads, then maybe give this SNAKEOIL a try.