Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Security Systems For Civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlazingCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Security Systems For Civic

I'm looking into some security options for my Civic, I was wondering if you guys have had any experience and/or opinions about any good ones. Viper seems to have high ratings but is it really the best one out there? Let me know what you guys think, thx!!
Old 10-18-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Security Systems For Civic

its really a waste of money for any alarm system. the average thief can bypass it in less than a minute anyway. the best security is dont leave valuables in the car.
Old 10-18-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't buy any other then a system made by Directed. Viper is one of their brands along with Python, Clifford, Avatal, Autostart, Automate. Visit Directed's website it lists all there products. I personally have a Python Remote start system without alarm but it is great. I have had it for almost a year still working great and my key fob battery is still good. Fir maximum security you should get a two way alarm that will tell you when someone has broken into your car. Those are limited by how far you are from your vehicle but if you get the Viper Smart Start you can use your smart phone and it will notify you from wherever you are, only thing is that there is subscription fee.
Old 10-19-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
I wouldn't buy any other then a system made by Directed. Viper is one of their brands along with Python, Clifford, Avatal, Autostart, Automate. Visit Directed's website it lists all there products. I personally have a Python Remote start system without alarm but it is great. I have had it for almost a year still working great and my key fob battery is still good. Fir maximum security you should get a two way alarm that will tell you when someone has broken into your car. Those are limited by how far you are from your vehicle but if you get the Viper Smart Start you can use your smart phone and it will notify you from wherever you are, only thing is that there is subscription fee.
Great information! Thanks a bunch man! I was looking at some of the Python ones too, can you tell me which model you're using?

Yeah the 2-way alarm sounds pretty good if it didn't need the subscription fee. I had no idea that Directed owned all of those brands, no wonder they all kind of look the same haha. Anways, thanks man!
Old 10-19-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i have this security system it works perfectly i don't know what gearbox is talking about.
[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=607&t ransactionid=1350627868-693730202&posted_by=lowlife9_www.civicforums.com&y outube_video_id=fDrzMGdYWZc[/autostream]
Old 10-19-2012
Registered!!

LOL @ lowlife9

Yeah I'm looking for a practical one bro. Thanks for your input regardless though. =]
Old 10-19-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ahh ok well here is a place to get practical alarms for a decent price.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i...ty-safety.html
Old 10-19-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
ahh ok well here is a place to get practical alarms for a decent price.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i...ty-safety.html
I'll look into it man, I appreciate the help.

Last edited by BlazingCivic; 10-19-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 04-03-2013
rjt
Registered!!

rjt is an unknown quantity at this point

compustar is good
Old 04-04-2013
Registered!!

danwat12345 has a spectacular aura aboutdanwat12345 has a spectacular aura about

"The Club" is good too as a basic deterrent. Don't get a 3rd party one, get the official thing so it's tough and heavy. Don't get their "Wheel lock" product, that is cheap and lighter weight
Old 04-04-2013
Registered!!

get the club steering wheel lock,brake pedal lock and a tire boot lock along with a two way pager proximity alarm Lojack GPS and interior video camera . then park your car in an alarmed garage with motion sensors and night vision cameras. also install motion sensors and night vision cameras on the exterior of your house.