Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

HondaPartsCheap.com Warning

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light
HondaPartsCheap.com Warning

Just thought I would give you a warning about Hondapartscheap.com. I ordered 2 parts last Tuesday. After checking the web site for a status today, it still showed processing, as it has for the last 6 days.
I found the parts at a junk yard so emailed them to cancel the order as is the policy per the web site.
I received this response several hours later:
"to cancell this order would incurr a 20% restock fee
your parts should be shipping tomorrow"

They haven't even shipped and are charging me a restocking fee. Am waiting to see if they charge it on the parts price or try to really screw me and charge it on the whole order including shipping fees and handling fees.

Just thought you should know how they operate.
Old 07-16-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: HondaPartsCheap.com Warning

?
they always had a delay in shipping, so usually i placed the order with time to spare (CA -> TN, so never tried them when i had an emergency situation...)
Old 07-16-2012
Registered!!

TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Per the website - Orders are shipped in 4-5 Business Days
I waited that long before cancelling. But they do also say this on the website - CANCELLED ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO A 20% RESTOKCING FEE. - which I missed. Either way, I say it's poor business practice to charge a fee on an order that hasn't been shipped within the stated time frame. Had they told me up front that it would have been a week before shipping this could have been avoided. At least I know where not to purchase from next time.
Old 07-16-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

A restock charge is pretty much standard practice at most places that deal with this sort of business, especially on special ordered parts.

If what you ordered isn't a fast moving item, they will have to ship it back to the warehouse.

What really sucks is when THEY (anyone, anywhere) get your order wrong and still try to hose you on the restock charge.
Nobody in the building is smart enough to argue with, absolutely no reasoning ability or authority to make it right.
Seen it happen. Walked out.
Old 07-16-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah sounds like a really stupid business to me. they basically charge you for restocking fees for items still sitting on the shelf.
Old 07-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

directly from there website
Shipping Information
Orders placed during the hours of 8am-4pm EST, Monday - Friday, will be processed that day. Shipments will be sent utilizing UPS. Most Honda Accessories ship same day. While we cannot stock all 265,000 Honda parts, we do keep a $500,000 in common parts on site and another $40,000,000 in our local Honda warehouse. If a part is not in stock we must order it from American Honda. This can take 1-5 days for your part to arrive before it is shipped to you. Thus when you choose next day delivery that does not mean that you will recieve your order tomorrow. All orders must be shipped, we do not allow orders to be picked up.

it states it takes a 5 days to ship then depending were you live another day or two to get to your house so basically week. im not sure why you are complaining especially when it clearly states a re-stocking fee. its entirely your fault for not reading there policies so i wouldn't go around bashing them.
Old 07-16-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

next time go through Majestic Honda.
Old 07-16-2012
Registered!!

Lowlife, I think you are looking at the wrong site as they do allow customers to pick up. And they only work from 7-3. Yeah, you are looking at Honda Parts Deals. Different site.
I posted what the site says, I also posted that I missed the cancelled orders will be charged a fee. They didn't ship within the time stated, but their wording allows for nearly 2 weeks or more for an item to be shipped.
I am not bashing them. I stated facts. I admitted where I was wrong, what I disagreed with and that I won't buy from them. I merely posted to warn others of their policies. I didn't say don't buy from them.
Old 07-17-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

^ no problems, TiggerDX, we got the message as it should
Old 07-17-2012
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

How did you pay for it? Get reimbursed and then dispute the 20% stocking fee and tell them the order was not sent out withing the 4-5 business days. Simple.
Old 07-17-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
How did you pay for it? Get reimbursed and then dispute the 20% stocking fee and tell them the order was not sent out withing the 4-5 business days. Simple.
I'd like to but it does say on their website that all cancellations are subject to a 20% restocking fee. I am just waiting to see how much they charge me. I asked today but didn't receive a response.
Old 07-18-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Good post dude, thanks for the heads up on your experience.
Old 07-18-2012
Registered!!

If this tells you anything, the order stills shows processing on the web site. I have requested the order be cancelled 3 times.
I asked Tuesday morning how much the restocking fee would be and they still haven't responded.
Not impressed in any way with this company.