quick short shifter questions (no need for a big debate) - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2002   #1  
Registered!!

Russps is an unknown quantity at this point
quick short shifter questions (no need for a big debate)

ok, I know there is a major short shifter discussion going on, and this may have been covered in it (or other discussions), but here it goes. I know our choices for shifters are adapters (DC, Solo, Neuspeed, etc) and the entire assembly (Revo). Now, I know based on previous posts that the Revo is a shorter arm (it doesn't stick up as high), but does it ALSO change the pivot point as the adapters do? Also, how much shorter than stock is the revo shifter? I have the aluminum RSX shift **** which is already lower than the stock shift ****, and I don't want to lower it much farther (if at all). The last question, is there a difference between the different brands of shift adapters, or are they all pretty much the same except for the name stamed on them?

Thanks in advance.

Russps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002   #2  
Registered!!

mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
w/ the full revo assembly

not only does it lower the shift height by 1.5 inches, but it also does reposition the cable mounts to actually decrease the throws

i cant wait to buy one [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
mwwhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002   #3  
BAK
Registered!!

BAK is an unknown quantity at this point
The REVO is shorter by about 1-1/2 and it also relocates the cables as mwwhonda stated earlier. I was concerned about the overall height also, but after installing mine, I think it is at the perfect height for the car.

BAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002   #4  
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
i just have the Neuspeed Adapter, im thinkin about gettin the REVO to go with it, and the Bushings. But so far i am VERY pleased with the performance of the shifter. I can snap my shifts off as fast as i can move my foot to slam the clutch down and pop it back up...(VERY quick). Just want to make sure though...the REVO will fit with the adapter that i already have right? And the bushings? If someone could clarify that for me, that would be great. If not the REVO, then i'll jsut end up gettin the bushings ($20).
NoBottleJustThrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002   #5  
BAK
Registered!!

BAK is an unknown quantity at this point
The bushings will work perfectly with either setup. I'm not sure if the Neuspeed adapter will work with the REVO. I've heard someone say that certain brands of adapters will fit and others won't.
BAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002   #6  
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
If you don't won't to lower the height of the stick, then go with an adapter. The revo lowers it a good bit and is very noticeable to say the least.

The different brands are probably pretty comparable if you ask me. I think the solo is the particular model that someone managed to integrate with the revo.

Get the kumho bushings when you pick up the adapter. They are like 26 bucks shipped and well worth it. I say the adapter because it's your only choice if you don't want to lower the height of the stick.
Mbow is offline   Reply With Quote