General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Just installed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StLVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Just installed...

Just got done installing my new Revo Short shifter. I think it is bad a$$ its shorter than stock plus i can breeze through the gears now. I would definately recomend this was that price. I know people have posted stuff on this but i just wanted to let u know. It took a little while to do b/c the factory puts those clips and bolts in so tough. Anyway once i got those clips out it didnt take to long . Then when i was putting the new shifter in the pin on the fasr right went in fine then the second one goes through the top but doesnt come out of bottom evenly. I tried the factory shifter and it is exactly like that u can p[ut the clip in top but not bottom not enough room to go through, so i dont know how the factury did that. But i went in and got a pin and tried jamming it through but it wont go through otther side so i went to autozone and bought 2 different rolling pins and im gonna try those out later hopefully they will go in. U can hear te pin when i shift in second and fourth u can hear it go "king" but the shifter looks hella tight when its done and i got that type R shift **** and it looks bad a$$ so i would recomend ill take pictures sometime at the end of this week, thanks for lidtening and anyone who has this tell me if that pin on the left was hard to get in or not. Thanks
Old 11-14-2001
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks! I am going to go and get one sometime this winter i think.
Old 11-14-2001
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Hum... Some kind of problems, as usual. I swear, why can't aftermarket products for our cars go in without any problems? Is that so hard!? Manufacturer's, hear me. Please make quality stuff and research it on the car. I dont' want to buy crap and then struggle to get it on and finally end up modifying it so much that I could have spent that time making my own product. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-14-2001
Registered!!

StLVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with ya grey. I went and bought some new rollin pins from autozone and they still dont go in right so i just jammed them in and hope they dont come out while im drivin.